Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,710   Online: 798

Shooter
    35mm

Possible light leak with Rollei 6008

Hello Apug,

I've been using a Rollei 6008 Integral for a while and I've been noticing spots on my film, but I don't know what they are. Any opinion would be appreciated, specially from someone with the same gear. I'm attaching and image which shows the problem.Thank you for your time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails APUG (1 of 1).jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Doesn't look like a light leak to me. Are the spots always in the same place?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check the laminar drawslide for damage. Also see this earlier post about trying to load under the clips: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/9...-happened.html

Your sample image doesn't look like either of those things, but it can't hurt to eliminate them as possibilities.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bubbles.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Bubbles.
    Yes.

If it was just bright spots, it could be a light leak. But the dark spots tell the story. Processing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Make sure you got enough fluid (developer) covering the film also.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have two 6008i cameras. I have not seen this before. How do you process the film?

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you all for your replies. Normally I use HC-110 1+31, then stop bath, fixer, clearing bath, wash and hypo clear. The spots are always on the same place, if they were bubbles wouldn't it be a little bit more random?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Carefully clean and scrub your developing reels. The bubbles may be forming where there is some residue adhering.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin