Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,087   Online: 1027

Shooter
    Medium Format

Help with rough appraisal of RZ67 kit?

Not really sure if this is the right place to ask. If not, I'll delete the post. I looked on sleeze-bay and on our own classified here, but I couldn't find anything close to this.

I work at Think Tank Photo and one of my coworkers want to sell his RZ67 PROII that he bought new back in the 90s, the proceeds of which would go towards his 1DX fund.

Everything is in 9/10 condition, fully functional, and to my understanding almost always used in a studio environment.

RZ67 PROII Body
    180 f/4.5 w/ rubber hood
    110 f/2.8 w/ rubber hood
    AE Prism Finder
    WLF
    120 Film Back
    Polaroid Film Back

I'd love a ballpark guesstimate. I'm sorta kicking the tires thinking I might want it. He wants a fair price and I'd never want to short change him.

Thank you,

Randy
    Randy Wentzel
    Pentax 67
    Mamiya 645 1000S
    Various 35mm systems

My Flickr

Shooter
    Large Format
    Look at keh.com, they are pretty much the standard for used gear.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vdonovan View Post
    Look at keh.com, they are pretty much the standard for used gear.
    My concern about KEH was that you're pricing out everything individually and you almost always end up paying more vs. for a complete kit. That's a good start though. Thanks!
    Randy Wentzel
    Pentax 67
    Mamiya 645 1000S
    Various 35mm systems

My Flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    800-850 bucks is fair, ebay price will be higher since they must pay 10% fee.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm going to echo "go to KEH" suggestion but with a twist. KEH now allows you to get an on-line quote on what it will pay if you were to sell the gear. If you are getting your stuff from someone, I'm guessing you are not getting 6 months warranty and refund like KEH. Take that into consideration and offer somewhere between KEH's sell price and buy price, then you can negotiate from there.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I usually consider 75% of the KEH price as fair for a private party sale assuming you (as seller) have recently used the equipment and provide a return privilege. That's typically midway between KEH's buy price and sell price. Though with the 6 month warrenty from KEH (I think that was instituted not too long ago), 70% might be more appropriate.

That said, ebay prices tend to be the de facto benchmark. But there's so much variability for seemingly identical items.

In your case, I'd say use 70-75% of KEH, then deduct another 10% for package pricing.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought a Mamiya RB67 w/ metered prism finder, 80mm lens, and the #2 extension tube last summer for $160. I reckon the RZ would go a little higher, but I doubt somebody would pay 800+ for your kit. I think 400ish would be fair, I don't know anyone that would pay 800 for a used medium format camera, unless it's a mamiya 7 etc. The rz is a fine system, but with weight most folks don't want to carry it around.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I agree with Noah, unfortunately the prices for these have dropped significantly, I picked up a 90, 180, 50, and Polaroid back, and 3 120 backs Prism Finder (older non-metering) WLF and extension tubes 1 + 2, all for $500-$600 total, but bought the 50mm and the tubes separately,

Before that it was $400

This was 3 years ago.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow, this all great information.

Thank you for all of your valuable feedback.

Cheers,

Randy
    Randy Wentzel
    Pentax 67
    Mamiya 645 1000S
    Various 35mm systems

My Flickr

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin