Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,088   Posts: 1,635,849   Online: 1125
      
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39
  1. #11

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lake, Michigan
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoMiglioli View Post
    Guys, thank you very much for replies. One last question: what´s the diference on the models with chrome lens, black lens and rubber black lens? I will shoot mostly Provias and Velvias and a bit of Tri-X.
    Really no difference in the image output. I have the later (1970) black lens barrel, rubber guard on the viewfinder and have used the slightly older chrome barrel version. I could tell no difference at all. If I had to buy one right now I'd look for a "T" coated one, but that's just me. Truth is I'm plenty happy with the one I have. JW

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    1,166
    You could pick up a cheap 4x5 monorail and a 90mm or 75mm wide angle lens for around $500.00 off ebay and have sharpness plus movements.

    Just something to think about.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    You could pick up a cheap 4x5 monorail and a 90mm or 75mm wide angle lens for around $500.00 off ebay and have sharpness plus movements.

    Just something to think about.
    The whole point of thd swc is its extreme portability

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    68
    Well, if you're considering the SWC because you need a great symmetrical superwide in a compact packet, you could also consider the Mamiya 7 with the 43mm lens (same horizontal coverage).

    The camera goes for ~800$ body only, and 800-1200$ for a minty 43mm lens.
    It fits nicely in your budget, you get rf focusing and a great wideangle in a compact camera (on which you can use other lenses too).

    That said, the SWC is a special camera which looks really nice and feels good and solid in the hands, so if that's what excites you, go for it.

  5. #15
    RobertoMiglioli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    The whole point of thd swc is its extreme portability
    Exactly.

  6. #16
    RobertoMiglioli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by giannisg2004 View Post
    Well, if you're considering the SWC because you need a great symmetrical superwide in a compact packet, you could also consider the Mamiya 7 with the 43mm lens (same horizontal coverage).

    The camera goes for ~800$ body only, and 800-1200$ for a minty 43mm lens.
    It fits nicely in your budget, you get rf focusing and a great wideangle in a compact camera (on which you can use other lenses too).

    That said, the SWC is a special camera which looks really nice and feels good and solid in the hands, so if that's what excites you, go for it.
    I like the square format of 6x6 (Mamiya 7 is 6x7). And it also have a bunch of electronic stuff that is more than likelly to fail someday. I want a pure mechanical camera.

  7. #17
    RobertoMiglioli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    69
    Rolleiflex Wide is also a possibility. Although not so wideangle as SWC I very used to handle Rolleiflex cameras.

    What can you say about Rolleiflex Wide?

  8. #18
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,805
    If you can find one that is!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    The whole point of thd swc is its extreme portability
    Yeah, I agree that it does depend on how the OP is going to use it. I was just throwing out another alternative.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    It just AIN'T the same Alan. The Hasselblad SWC is rectilinearly correct and that is something that cannot be found in a 75mm or 90mm wide angle lenses. In the words of a 1960's rock song "fakin' it ain't makin' it".
    OK, but the OP was also considering the 40mm which isn't rectilinearly correct. I was just throwing out another option to think about.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin