Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,496   Posts: 1,571,431   Online: 1100

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Guys, thank you very much for replies. One last question: what´s the diference on the models with chrome lens, black lens and rubber black lens? I will shoot mostly Provias and Velvias and a bit of Tri-X.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoMiglioli View Post
    Guys, thank you very much for replies. One last question: what´s the diference on the models with chrome lens, black lens and rubber black lens? I will shoot mostly Provias and Velvias and a bit of Tri-X.
    Really no difference in the image output. I have the later (1970) black lens barrel, rubber guard on the viewfinder and have used the slightly older chrome barrel version. I could tell no difference at all. If I had to buy one right now I'd look for a "T" coated one, but that's just me. Truth is I'm plenty happy with the one I have. JW

Shooter
    Large Format
    You could pick up a cheap 4x5 monorail and a 90mm or 75mm wide angle lens for around $500.00 off ebay and have sharpness plus movements.

Just something to think about.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    You could pick up a cheap 4x5 monorail and a 90mm or 75mm wide angle lens for around $500.00 off ebay and have sharpness plus movements.

The whole point of thd swc is its extreme portability

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, if you're considering the SWC because you need a great symmetrical superwide in a compact packet, you could also consider the Mamiya 7 with the 43mm lens (same horizontal coverage).

The camera goes for ~800$ body only, and 800-1200$ for a minty 43mm lens.
    It fits nicely in your budget, you get rf focusing and a great wideangle in a compact camera (on which you can use other lenses too).

That said, the SWC is a special camera which looks really nice and feels good and solid in the hands, so if that's what excites you, go for it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post

It just AIN'T the same Alan. The Hasselblad SWC is rectilinearly correct and that is something that cannot be found in a 75mm or 90mm wide angle lenses. In the words of a 1960's rock song "fakin' it ain't makin' it".
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    The whole point of thd swc is its extreme portability
    Exactly.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by giannisg2004 View Post
    Well, if you're considering the SWC because you need a great symmetrical superwide in a compact packet, you could also consider the Mamiya 7 with the 43mm lens (same horizontal coverage).

The camera goes for ~800$ body only, and 800-1200$ for a minty 43mm lens.
    It fits nicely in your budget, you get rf focusing and a great wideangle in a compact camera (on which you can use other lenses too).

That said, the SWC is a special camera which looks really nice and feels good and solid in the hands, so if that's what excites you, go for it.
    I like the square format of 6x6 (Mamiya 7 is 6x7). And it also have a bunch of electronic stuff that is more than likelly to fail someday. I want a pure mechanical camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rolleiflex Wide is also a possibility. Although not so wideangle as SWC I very used to handle Rolleiflex cameras.

What can you say about Rolleiflex Wide?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rolleiflex Wide?

When hanging from a neck strap a Rolleiflex Wide, along with a Rolleiflex, and a Rolleiflex Tele worn at the same time provides a magnificent display of camera bling!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin