Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,229   Posts: 1,532,842   Online: 960

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you can find one that is!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    The whole point of thd swc is its extreme portability
    Yeah, I agree that it does depend on how the OP is going to use it. I was just throwing out another alternative.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    It just AIN'T the same Alan. The Hasselblad SWC is rectilinearly correct and that is something that cannot be found in a 75mm or 90mm wide angle lenses. In the words of a 1960's rock song "fakin' it ain't makin' it".
    OK, but the OP was also considering the 40mm which isn't rectilinearly correct. I was just throwing out another option to think about.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thoughts on Hassel SWC.

The Rolleiwide is a terrific camera and I honestly believe it may be the sharpest lens of any camera I've owned. It's terrific for even fairy close up shots too. It is not nearly as wide as the 38 Biogon or 40 Distagon though. It's like saying "I'm thinking of getting a 24mm lens for my Nikon F3, do you think a 28mm will work?" But still a great camera and lens. Tough to find in good condition under $2000 and often $3500-4000 with anything original like lens hood, cap, filters and/or case. Some of my recent fairly shots using it:

Shoshone Falls Rolleiwide TMY-2 HC-110dilH 10min 21C 1minAg2x 2012-06 VSmac 9000 Scan-120830-0008 by rich8155 (Richard Sintchak), on Flickr

Golden Gate Park Mallard Lake Rolleiwide Plus-X HC-110dilH 10min 20C 1minAg2x 06-2012 VSmac 9000 Scan-120602-0005 FFw by rich8155 (Richard Sintchak), on Flickr

Golden Gate Park fern grove Rolleiwide Agfapan25 HC-110dilH 9min30sec 21C 1minAg2x 05-2012 VSmac 9000 Scan-120531-0002 FFw by rich8155 (Richard Sintchak), on Flickr
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    fantastic images-thanks for posting them.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rolleiflex Wide?

When hanging from a neck strap a Rolleiflex Wide, along with a Rolleiflex, and a Rolleiflex Tele worn at the same time provides a magnificent display of camera bling!
    Ha! When I went on a road trip with my son and my father from San Francisco to Mt Rushmore and back a couple years ago those are the three cameras I brought! Did not hang all three around my neck at the same time though....! All three fit perfectly side by side in my trusty Lowepro Orion bag.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It just AIN'T the same Alan. The Hasselblad SWC is rectilinearly correct and that is something that cannot be found in a 75mm or 90mm wide angle lenses. In the words of a 1960's rock song "fakin' it ain't makin' it".
    One of the few times that I will post one of my photographs on the internet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Century City 002.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	87883
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format

Thanks Sirius, I can definitely see what you are talking about!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Sintchak (rich815) View Post
    It's like saying "I'm thinking of getting a 24mm lens for my Nikon F3, do you think a 28mm will work?"[/url], on Flickr
    Well, yes, if you can step back 1 or 2 steps.

Wow!! Great shots!

Shooter
    Medium Format

One of the main reasons I bought mine. I had a 50mm Distagon for some wide shots when I shot weddings and had a heck of a time with distortion on some shots. The SWC was a dream compared to the 50mm, but like the 50mm, it was only used for certain settings. Another trick for shooting candid, street type shots is to take the finder off, stick it in your pocket an use it like a TLR. Hold it at chest or waist level, point at or near your subject matter, center the bubble and then trip the shutter. No noise and you're not looking at your subject so they don't have a clue. Of course you'll have to use a film like HP5+/THY2 so you have enough shutter speed and aperture to play the DOF game. If you can shoot at around f11 and have a speed of 1/60th or higher you'll be king of the sidewalk. Just watch your red DOF guide bars and you're all set. A very simple, but very capable camera. JW

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin