Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,232   Posts: 1,532,896   Online: 953

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I've used a SWC upside down for landscape work. Ordinarily the lens barrel blocks the bottom of the viewfinder so the critical foreground (maybe with tips of shoes) can't be composed confidently. Upside down the viewfinder uncertainty is transferred to sky or cloud where there is more room for error.

Genius!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Enough is enough! The ape-hanger method does not work with a Hasselblad SWC. If I'm upside down in a tree and monkeying around with a camera I'd need one where I can chimp the screen on the back.
    That's hard to do with a camera in one hand and a banana in the other! JW

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Time to work on those multi-wotsiting skills!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

JOR

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    The Hasselblad SWC's Biogon is one of the finest Architectural lenses ever - sharp to the corners, even and rectilinear. The gripes listed above re composing and focusing are valid. My 50mm Distagons, both early (silver) and late (black) with 'floating element' are poor, with resolution eclipsed by inexpensive consumer lenses for 35mm or full-frame digital.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JOR View Post
    The Hasselblad SWC's Biogon is one of the finest Architectural lenses ever - sharp to the corners, even and rectilinear. The gripes listed above re composing and focusing are valid. My 50mm Distagons, both early (silver) and late (black) with 'floating element' are poor, with resolution eclipsed by inexpensive consumer lenses for 35mm or full-frame digital.
    Yes, the SWC's biogon is a special lens and can even be used to copy flat work on a copy stand with no distortion. I remember the first time I used the 50mm Distagon (early chrome) to shoot a wedding group shot in a tight corner of a small church. The two girls on the outer edge of the frame had big, funny looking Popeye arms when I got the proofs back. I just didn't notice it in the viewfinder, but the 50mm's distortion killed that shot. I still like my 50mm and it is pretty darn sharp, but you don't want to do close-ups of pretty girls with it. I like using my SWC with the ground glass adapter back and chimney finder. It's almost like a mini-view camera with no movements. I could sell all my other Hasselblad stuff, but I'd still keep the SWC and three or four backs.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin