Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,958   Posts: 1,523,002   Online: 1208

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Well I picked up a roll of Verichrome (nitrate based so it's in a glass jar with a metal lid in the freezer) of "fresh" 130 from 1949, a single roll.

There's was a second 130 roll that looked like it had been exposed but not developed that I lost a bid on, as I'm only bidding the minimum, no bidding wars for me. But the on I lost also had a second take up spool so that was a little disappointing.

Looks like 130 is about 1mm to 1.5mm wider than 116 so I think the 70mm will be just fine.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use 120 with spacers on the supply side, and made a special take up spool for t'other side. I could have just made some spacers with a "drive key", which would have meant I could shoot more than one roll..... I used the autographic window and masked that with a red window that lines up with the 6x6 numbers on the film backing paper.

I made some film guide rails out of brass sheet to support the narrower 120 film, and a "pressure plate" out of some card.

From memory (since it's a couple of years since I last shot with it), it ends up shooting 55 x 105mm frames or thereabouts.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by P C Headland View Post
    I use 120 with spacers on the supply side, and made a special take up spool for t'other side. I could have just made some spacers with a "drive key", which would have meant I could shoot more than one roll..... I used the autographic window and masked that with a red window that lines up with the 6x6 numbers on the film backing paper.

I made some film guide rails out of brass sheet to support the narrower 120 film, and a "pressure plate" out of some card.

From memory (since it's a couple of years since I last shot with it), it ends up shooting 55 x 105mm frames or thereabouts.
    Thanks.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Any idea in the exact size of the reels and width? As I have a bag of old spools.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitschretro View Post
    Any idea in the exact size of the reels and width? As I have a bag of old spools.
    Thanks, I can measure later today, it is slightly bigger (by about 1mm) than 116 and the spool flange is the same exact size as 116.

I have 1 new with film now, so will have to find out if the camera has a spool in it or not.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    No problem I will dig the bag out at teatime.
    i checked those agfa 127 films the only ones left on the list are ct18 from about 1960
    pretty sure they have screw tops but can't check until later in the week as they got put back in storage on Saturday.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitschretro View Post
    No problem I will dig the bag out at teatime.
    i checked those agfa 127 films the only ones left on the list are ct18 from about 1960
    pretty sure they have screw tops but can't check until later in the week as they got put back in storage on Saturday.
    Thanks

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    It just occurred to me that I don't have a 130 format size developing tank... Eep!!!

Who the heck would have one???

Did they even exist back then? Should I look for a SS one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin