Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,845   Posts: 1,582,687   Online: 1052

Shooter
    Large Format

Mamiya RB67 75mm shift lens rear cap question

Hi. I have a 75m. Shift lens which I cannot get the rear cap off of--feeling like a noob... Any suggestions?

thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is this a new issue? Have you had the lens for awhile and taken the cap off previously?

If it is the type of cap that I have on all my RB lenses, they are locked into place by rotating the lens locking ring. I prefer those caps over any of the others for that feature. However, you obviously need to know that is the case and rotate the ring to unlock. If looking at the front of the lens you should be able to rotate the ring CCW or left to free the cap. It is highly advised not to use any undo force to move the ring, simply put, no tools applied.
    "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care"

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi. Lens is new, and new to me. The locking ring rotates 180 degrees in 10 degree increments when you press a metal tab down, so it does not behave like a normal locking ring to me--no tools nearby.....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Got it! Rotated the ring all the way counter clockwise against the stop, then rotated it some more, just had to use more pressure than what I am used to for a Mamiya lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to hear. Sounds like it is the nicer style rear cap. Once you're use to using that style they become second nature putting them on and off. Just need to HAND rotate the locking ring CW to lock, and CCW to unlock looking at the front of the lens.
    "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care"

- Theodore Roosevelt -

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin