Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,041   Posts: 1,560,699   Online: 1016

Shooter
    Multi Format

Changing Bronica Film Backs (SQ-A)

Just wonder how you guys set up the camera when you change the film back in the middle of the roll. Do you wind both film and shutter and remove film back? or do not wind the film?

I normally wind film/shutter first, then change film back. After I attach the new film back, sometimes I'll have to wind the camera again. I was somehow afraid of having double exposure.

Bronica claims that the camera and film back are smart enough to know the state of winding. I just want to make sure there is no double exposure or skipping frame.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not to worry, the camera knows the state of its own shutter vs. the status of the film wind-on. It does not matter what protocol you follow. Simply good practice to be consistent, so that you know precisely what to expect as a normal behavior sequence after mounting a new back.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin