Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,897   Online: 981

Shooter
    Medium Format

Smallish 6x6 or 645 medium format camera with shift?

I would like to have a smallish 6x6 or 645 medium format camera with shift for architecture shots on slide film.

I see that the Heidoscop does this but it is stereo.

I have smallish plate cameras that do this for 6x9, but wonder if there is a smallish 6x6 or 645 camera (TLR or a folder?) that includes shift for architecture shots.

Any suggestion besides build my own?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The now discontinued Hasselblad Arcbody has rear standard shift and tilt functions I believe, and depending if you use the A12 or A16 film back you can get 6x6 or 6x4.5. Pretty smallish camera too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The rollfilm backs for those plate cameras usually came with 6x6/645 masks, for what that's worth. I don't know of any rollfilm folder with shift, and I'm almost 100% sure no TLR has it (it seems like an enormous engineering nightmare to make it work).

I assume the usual-suspect MF SLRs are bigger than you want to go, right?

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm
    Arcbody using Rodenstock lenses (you might as well go 6x9+) or the flexbody.
    Silvestri makes the T30 which is small, but $$$
    Same with the Alpa 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks all, for the ideas.

Am aiming in the smaller and lighter direction, but will certainly check these suggestions out
    and maybe find a rollback for one of my plate cameras that fits!

Asked about TLR since the Rolleiflex resulted pretty much from the removal of one of the stereo lenses from the Heidoscop and the Heidoscop has shift. So I thought maybe they or some other TLR maker decided to maintain a TLR design with shift.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mamiya 645 series with 50mm f/4 shift lens (there are a couple available from KEH).

Andrew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any Rolleiflex or other 6x6cm TLR is a mild "rise" 645. Just crop out the bottom of the scene. Also, I believe one can separate the early-style Rolleiflex TLR close-up lenses and use only the prism (Rolleipar) on the taking lens to get additional effective rise.
    Last edited by ic-racer; 05-14-2014 at 01:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    A Contax 645 with a Hartblei tilt shift lens is my solution
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin