Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,202   Online: 817

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric Trexell View Post
    The other thing I will warn you about is the interlocks. You will have a love-hate relationship with them at first.... you will see you didn't turn the back all the way. Once I turned mine to vertical and because I couldn't see the film wind lever I failed to wind it. I figured it was time to send the camera in. After a while you will appreciate that this camera did not ruin a good chunk of film and caught your forgetfulness.
    Hi Ric,
    This already happened. When the seller was demonstrating me the camera, the shutter wouldn't fire.
    I saw him starting to sweat, for the camera did work just fine at home, but he then saw the back wasn't fully rotated .... and then the shutter purred like a happy kitten after a bowl of milk.
    First lesson learned
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think every RB user must end up coming up with a "why isn't it working" checklist:

Camera Won't Fire:
    - Darkslide out?
    - Film advanced?
    - Out of film?
    - Back rotated correctly?

Camera Won't Cock:
    - Remove lens, cock camera, cock shutter on lens, fire camera, fire lens, re-cock both, put lens back on.
    - (If that doesn't work, then I have no idea what to do next)
    I shoot digital when I have to (most of those shots end up here) and film (occasionally one of those shots ends up here) when I want to.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll remember that
    Thanks,
    Bert

Quote Originally Posted by omaha View Post
    I think every RB user must end up coming up with a "why isn't it working" checklist:

Camera Won't Fire:
    - Darkslide out?
    - Film advanced?
    - Out of film?

Camera Won't Cock:
    - Remove lens, cock camera, cock shutter on lens, fire camera, fire lens, re-cock both, put lens back on.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    The first roll I ran through my RB came out perfectly un-exposed because I had been fiddling with the mirror-up control on the lens and left it in the wrong position.
    I have screwed up many, many shots with it on the wrong setting.--- he will learn...hehe

360-- will never get used
    180-- great portrait lens

See if you can find a cheap 127 or a 150-- the 150 is also a SF lens and is really useful as a regular lens.
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've had to run through my own (why won't it fire checklist) many a time, it's almost always the darkslide. I've had a few double exposures when my fat thumb hit the double exposure switch while winding, and then I forgot to wind for the next frame.
    Mamiya RB67 Pro-S, Mamiya-Sekor 90mm F=3.8C

www.flickr.com/photos/shootfilm08

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Camera Won't Cock:
    On mine you can't remove the lens unless the camera is cocked, there is an interlock blocking rotation of the lens ring?

If the interlock failed you would fog a frame?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Only if the darkslide was not in place, in which case you wouldn't just fog it, you'd destroy it.
    I shoot digital when I have to (most of those shots end up here) and film (occasionally one of those shots ends up here) when I want to.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    On mine you can't remove the lens unless the camera is cocked, there is an interlock blocking rotation of the lens ring?

If the interlock failed you would fog a frame?
    If you could remove the lens without the lens or the body being cocked then the mirror would be up, and you would lose at least 1 frame. Unless the dark slide was in.
    Mamiya RB67 Pro-S, Mamiya-Sekor 90mm F=3.8C

www.flickr.com/photos/shootfilm08

Shooter
    35mm RF

Camera Won't Fire:
    - Darkslide out?
    - Film advanced?
    - Out of film?

Camera Won't Cock:
    I was aware of the loss of frame I was trying to query the suggested process, quoted above.

On my RB67 pro you can't remove the lens unless the body is cocked. So if the body won't cock the body and lens need to go to repair man... On a blad you might be able to remove the back and turn the interlock screw carefully.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just checked, and mine (both of them, that is) are the same way. The locking ring stops a few degrees short of "open" if the body is not cocked.

Makes me wonder what happened a few months ago when it seemed like the camera locked up, and removing the lens and re-setting the lens and body cleared it up...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin