Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,469   Online: 862

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What they're suggesting is that the normal 80mm lens is not formulated/corrected for close-up work. Thus, as the magnification increases with longer extensions, the image quality falls off. The trick of reversing the lens, often used on 35mm SLRs, doesn't work with Hasselblad lenses because of the shutter linkage, of course. For maximum image quality, you should stay within the design parameters of the lens, or switch to one that is designed for macro work, such as the Makro Planar. But, if the 80mm lens is what you have, try it, and judge the results by your own standards.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format

Experience with 80mm & 32mm Extension

I bought a 32mm extension tube to use with my 80mm & 150mm lenses. Using the 32mm tube with the 80, the lens has to be with about 12 inches (30cm) of the subject to focus. This is well suited for taking close up shots of jewelry (rings or watch faces) or maybe flower petals. I suspect that a shorter tube would be a little more flexible with the 80.

Good Luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin