Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,827   Online: 1048

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    For 6x6 I can highly recommend the Voigtlander Perkeo II. They usually come with a Color Skopar lens (coated Tessar) and a Synchro-Compur shutter, an excellent combination. It's also tiny and easily fits in my back pocket. The down side it that it doesn't have a rangefinder so it's zone focus or you can get an accessory rangefinder. It's great if you need something 6x6 and very portable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I vote for Agfa Isolette with Solinar lens, pref., later models that have better bellows otherwise go for Zeiss Ikon Ikonta or Voigtlander.

My personal preference is one without a range finder.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm actually getting the hang of zone focussing - luckily I'm quite good at estimating distances, and have been using an Olympus Trip recently and have more focussing hits than misses, so lack of rangefinder doesn't worry me too much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.waybeyondmonochrome.com/W...hamCoveEd2.pdf

The technique showed in the article may be helpful exploit the wasted DoF.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Folders, folders and more folders...

http://certo6.com/cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Ok, what Zeiss folder exists that is 6 x 9, has a rangefinder, and a coated lens? What field of view lenses are available for something like that?

Cost under $200?
    super ikonta C --- may not find a really good one for that price, but go another hundred and you should be able to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Perkeo II (6x6 Color Skopar) and an Ercona II (6x9 CZJ Tessar), acquired along the way from certo6. Both are quite capable cameras. The one shock on picking one up is that after today's nearly-empty plastic point&shoots, they feel heavy; they're actually made of metal and glass! But they are certainly lighter than my Bronica SQ-A, especially when it has the 110mm macro lens attached.

As I recall, each set me back around $200, but from certo6 that means you have a CLA and they are ready to use. The rangefinder equipped folders tend to be the most recently made (even thought it might be 50 years ago) and top of the line models, so they are a bit more dear to purchase. There are a few that have heavy collector status and can be a bit hurtful toward the wallet

(Besides showing the cameras and a few samples, those pages have links to other examples.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Certo6 on ebay, linked in a post above recently had a very nice Zeiss Ikon Ikonta 523/16 6x6 on ebay that didn't sell for $130. It was near mint with the F3.5 novar and a prontor-s shutter top speed of 1/300. He CLA's all of his cameras before he sells them, I bought my Ikonta 521/2 6x9, and Franka Solida 6x6 off of him and they are both excellant cameras. If you contact him he may still have that 6x6 Ikonta available. I don't know how quality control across the board was on the Novars, but I'm pretty impressed with mine even wide open.
    Last edited by Kyle M.; 05-22-2014 at 11:36 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Nikon F, Nikkor-S 35mm F=2.8, Nikkor-S 50mm F=1.4

Gossen Luna Pro F

I own an old Franka folder I bought from an APUG member and will say that it is an interesting piece of gear and fun to use, but challenging. What I've learned about folders is: Buy a postwar model with a coated lens, buy a model with a coupled rangefinder if you want to work with any sort of speed and precision, and buy one with a good Tessar lens or equivalent in a shutter with plenty of speeds. (Mine has a coated Schneider Radionar triplet lens and no rangefinder. It has three shutter speeds and "B," which is a little limiting. The lens is adequate for small enlargements.) If you can find a 6x9 camera with an insert mask for 6x6cm, it's a good bonus.

Most of the German folders take 120 film, but watch out for the Kodaks. They were made to take 620 film, which was rolled on a slightly different spool and is not available in its original form today.

I'll second Certo6 as an excellent source for information and cameras. I bought a folder lens in a shutter from him that was exactly as described. Be prepared to pay good money for a good camera, as always.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I also recomend www.cert06.com.

Where Jurgen gets his cameras is beyond me... my latest theory is Jurgen has a time machine,
    and just dials it back 50-60 years, and grabs a new folder, and then sells it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin