Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,662   Online: 881

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe Holga/Diana F? Or this is not for you?

ps. For ones that will say those are not serious cameras - look at Micheal Kenna .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Holga: It is a magic to shoot with holga. Put an yellow filter and you are there...

Folders(6x6 or 6x9): Agfa Isolette, Zeiss Ikon Ikontas and you name it. Get one with good bellows.

TLR(pref., Rolleicord for its weight): But it is always awkward to change the film. :-(
    Last edited by baachitraka; 05-27-2014 at 07:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd use an old folder. Perhaps a Bessa II or maybe even the Bessa RF. Both 6X9 format and lighter than many of your other choices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I go with a Fuji 645Zi. The zoom range is small but it's still better than a fixed lens camera. Good meter built in. Very sharp lens that will focus to 1 meter. A great travel camera that's pretty much replaced my folders and 2x3 Graphic for general travel use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see recommendations for TLR's here, but I for one would not want to pack my Mamiya C-220 or C-330 and lenses for a pack trip, I would just as soon take my 4x5 on a trip. My thoughts turn to a good older 6x9 or a 6x6 folder. My personal carry is a pre-1950 Mamiya-6 folder that fits in the cargo pocket of my trousers or my jacket pocket.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For hiking I carry an Mamyia 6, not the new version, but the folder, very light weight, slips into a backback with a few SVI filters and lens hood. Much more compact than a TLR.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would also suggest a Fuji GA645. It's nifty, sharp and affordable.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaf-Photo View Post
    I would also suggest a Fuji GA645. It's nifty, sharp and affordable.
    I am going to have to echo this opinion. When it comes to travel it is hard to beat the Fuji GA645 or the GA645zi. It may not be the smallest camera (a folder will be more compact) but they can take a serious beating in the same way an older Canon Rebel can take a beating. Really great for plane rides, extended backpacking, or times when you don't want to treat a camera delicately.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    A Rolleiflex is nice as one can use the self-timer and/or make easy double exposures -- features missing on a lot of other MF cameras.

I often take one on backpacking trips. Just came back from a three-night trip into the Trinity Alps. Took the Minolta TLR this time (the Rollei needs servicing).
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You have some great suggestions in this thread. To add to your choices, I would suggest a Mamiya 645 in a basic configuration (turning crank and focusing hood). For me, I typically use a Mamiya 645 Pro with a WG402 and metered prism. Handles just like a 35mm SLR. However, the MF folders and MF range finders are the lightest options.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin