Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,523   Posts: 1,543,812   Online: 757

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yashicamat 124G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought a little Vivitar V3800N at a yard sale a while back for $5 mostly because the little battery cover was missing (and the owner wasn't even sure film could still be developed.) This is not exactly a camera that gets a lot of praise but it works just fine. 4 years later the cover is still missing and the camera is still going strong. I am sure it is psychological but I can go through roll after roll in this camera without getting all sweaty about it. I don't talk about it much but every year it is one of my most used cameras.

Great pictures as well.

Maybe your Yashica Mat will turn out the same for you. Sometimes knowing that the camera is not perfect allows you to look at it a little different then one where everything works. Shove a cotton ball where the battery goes, tape over it with a piece of gaffers tape and go shoot film.
    Dan

The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is for the MAT 124, not the G model, but the seller said to contact him regarding the cap for the 124G. See description. Might get lucky. Appears to be located in Marietta, GA
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Cap-...p2054897.l4275

Shooter
    Multi Format

YashicaMat 124 G uses a MERCURY cell, BTW

I have a 124 G on which I can't remove the battery compartment cover! It's just plastic and I don't want to damage it so, since the needed cell is or would be a mercury cell, I just rely on a hand held meter. Nice cameras, aren't they!

If you don't have an instruction manual, http://www.butkus.org/chinon/yashica...24g-splash.htm has one for downloading. Send Mike Butkus a little money so he can keep up the good work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks everybody!

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As of about five minutes ago, mine is back on the air. I bought the MR-9 adapter and it works quite nicely with a 386 battery. (I, for one, like having an on-board meter.)

Shooter
    35mm
    I have one, been using for a few years and it's impeccable. For the batery I used the WeinCell MRB625, bought on amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    tlr meters are so wide-field they're only advisory, at best. Put some black tape over the battery compartment and take pictures.
    I do not know if I am right, since I am writing from memory(may have read it some were), but I think the Yashica 124 meter is suppose to be like a 90mm lens coverage. Sorry if I could not expose it right, missing some terms in english!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The biggest problem that I've seen with the Yashica TLRs is the self timer . When it jams up, the camera doesn't work. Rather simple fix though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Did you try search Fleabay?.. On occation I've seen obscure parts show up on the radar.

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually most of the TLR meters have an acceptance angle equivalent to a 75mm lens, which is what you would expect for the lens FOV typically used.

But I find the Yashica Mat meter is very accurate if I can get close and meter my subject directly. Either that or I meter my White Balance card.
    Dan

The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by camtec View Post
    The biggest problem that I've seen with the Yashica TLRs is the self timer . When it jams up, the camera doesn't work. Rather simple fix though.
    With Yashica TLR's, you must make sure the flash synch switch is in the 'X' position, never the 'M'. Most people jamb the switch (or super glue it) to permanently lock it in the 'X' position.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin