Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,146   Online: 833

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mamiya 6 quest!

Shooter
    35mm

Mamiya 6 quest!

After some years using a TLR, after seen a documentary about a portuguese photographer that used a mamiya 6(or 7) and wanting to experimenting something more in MF, plus a GAS situation, I decided to get a mamiya 6 as my MF camera, possible becoming the only one in that format. Sell some gear to get cash, saved part of the income, etc.
    But were to get one with one or possible 2 lens, besides ebay? And on that good/evil site, the options are more or less like that: many offer from japan, at fair/good prices, but they have or some dust in the lens, or small haze, etc.
    The ones more near me, in the EU, are far more expensive, but normally are in better shape quality. The material aper with out the small patches of dust, hazes, bla bla bla.
    Should I go for the "better" offer from japan or usa and after having the camera spend some money in a CLA if necessary and possibly the all price will reach the more expensive sales. Or spend more in the first place and have some good shape camera and lens?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would go to keh.com and find something out there.
    This message has no signature. :)

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, but not a option, because of shipping costs and they do not have a camera-lens combo!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've bought from a couple of Japanese dealers through the bay and Thought
    they were pretty decent.

Sometimes when they say there's internal dust, it's no more than you might find in one of your own lenses.

At the moment the only name I remember is Ai-di-la(SP?) got a couple of LF lenses from him
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
    Yes, but not a option, because of shipping costs and they do not have a camera-lens combo!
    I checked up on USPS and it is not that costly to ship to Portugal. Just 23$ for a large box. If I may offer, you can ship it to me and I can ship it to you provided you pay for the label.
    This message has no signature. :)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterboy View Post
    I checked up on USPS and it is not that costly to ship to Portugal. Just 23$ for a large box. If I may offer, you can ship it to me and I can ship it to you provided you pay for the label.
    opppssss! I think I may once simulated a buy on Keh and the shipping cost were expensive(normally they are between US and Portugal, more if the height is hight or the shipping is ensured) so I decided not to have that shop as option. The trouble is still not offering a combo. And buying a body+lens separately may be expensive for me.
    I thank you for your kind offer.

Well, from Japan there is some good offers, going to wait and see what comes up during this days.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got a used Mamiya 6 body in excellent condition from B&H Photo last year for $600. They don't have any in stock right now but it's worth checking into.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've bought an "outfit" and separate bodies/lenses from KEH before. I don't really think it matters either way price wise. You could also end up SAVING some money since you could pick up a lower grade lens for cheaper than an EX++ lens that may be part of a complete outfit. The real trick to KEH is that their BGN and UG lenses are actually really good. I recently got a 180mm UGLY lens for my RB67. It was dirt cheap, and it honestly looks brand new.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I got mine, a set with all three lenses, in quite good condition from eBay, yet it needed some film advance repair (€150). It came from Italy if I remember correctly, so shipping was not that expensive and there was no risk in paying VAT. However, I had been waiting for about 4 months until a good offer emerged.

BTW: a great camera for ppl with acute GAS - not so many matching accessories! (I already have all...)
    || Cezary Żemis <cezary.zemis@pronet.pl> | www.cezaryzemis.name
    || ph.:+49 176 7327 8527|skype:cezzem

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, almost had to get in a support group for this! Well, I manage to buy one with the 75mm plus a 150mm lenses form the same seller. even with the shipping costs, I got it below the limit € I had to spend.
    From Europe, I let it go away (but didn't have the money for it at the time) a body + the 3 lenses and the 35mm adaptor, from Germany. It went by 1300€. Let's see if everything turns out fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin