Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,591   Posts: 1,545,955   Online: 1261

Shooter
    Holga
    Images

Question for Mamiya 645 owners

Hello

I have a question for those who own a Mamiya 645 system:
    Could you please tell me the dimensions of the film insert, just the insert.
    I'm looking at using the insert as part of a custom pinhole camera I'm building.
    Also: Do the film rolls 'lock' once the film has been wound into place or do they remain 'loose'. So the insert could be used on it's own and film drawn from the roll to the take-up roll?
    The insert would be used just as a 'film holder' and not a 'winder'.
    Thanks for your help.

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would have expected metric dimensions, but the first measuring instrument I found was in inches, and the measurements look right on. Base footprint is 2 3/4" x 2 7/16"; the tall side is 1 11/16" and the central "handle" is 1 5/8".

The take up roll turns freely; the feeder will turn forward but not back. It should work for your purposes.

These measurements are from a 120 holder, but I think the 220 holder is the same in these outer dimensions.

Anything else you need?

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm
    My 220 insert. Should be the same, but my 120 is in camera with film...sorry.
    The frame is 2 7/8" wide plus some slide pins (tabs) that hold it in place when you let go of the pinch release handle thingy. I would say 3 1/16" with the tabs.
    1 5/8" (+about 1/64th") front to back.
    a little less than 2 5/16" tall from bottom roll to top roll.

Opening in camera is:
    1/64" less than 3" wide
    2 9/16" tall
    Cant measure depth with plastic ruler...can get micrometer later.

Sorry for the non metric dimensions.....I'm an american.
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Thanks so much guys. This will definately fit but so great to find out before I buy one!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin