Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,381   Online: 773

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

What RRS Rails for Bronica?

I have a monopod with RRS head with clamp. But I do not have any plate. I called RRS, but they told me a couple of rails for the Bronica. I have all 3 Bronica models. But the rail B82 they mentioned is for zoom lens. So I still do not know what rail to order. I can always order the multi-purpose MPR rail(s).

Anyone here who has the RRS stuff?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    if the clamp you have is the screw in type, any arca-swiss type camera plate will work just fine. Even if you have the flip-lock type of clamp, the proper tension adjustment only takes a second or two. They don't cater to those of us using real cameras and likely don't make any bronica plates. No need spend hundreds of dollars on their plates anyway.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...+plate&_sop=15

I have two bronicas and use generic plates off ebay on them.
    Last edited by wildbill; 06-05-2014 at 04:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use the B82 plate with my ETRSi, and mount it on a BH-40 with lever release. It works fine although (a) you have to mount the plate from the front of the body towards the back, which is at right angles to the normal left/right orientation of plates; and (b) it covers up the battery access cover (although not a problem as the battery does not have to be replaced often). I also use the same plate with my Winder Ei 2 grip, again mounted fore/aft not left/right. It works fine.

Cheers
    Andrew
    "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs" (Ansel Adams)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the MH-01 pro head (monopod), just like shown here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zoom-rrsweb-1-MH-01-Pro-Isometric-Monopod-Head-8BIT-1.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	676.5 KB 
ID:	89113
    or
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zoom-rrsweb-1-MH-01-Pro-Isometric-Monopod-Head-8BIT-1.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	676.5 KB 
ID:	89113
    I just need the plate to go under the camera, or the grip. I do not need any bracket, etc....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew.roos View Post
    I use the B82 plate with my ETRSi, and mount it on a BH-40 with lever release. It works fine although (a) you have to mount the plate from the front of the body towards the back, which is at right angles to the normal left/right orientation of plates; and (b) it covers up the battery access cover (although not a problem as the battery does not have to be replaced often). I also use the same plate with my Winder Ei 2 grip, again mounted fore/aft not left/right. It works fine.

Cheers
    Andrew
    Can you show a photo with the rail on? Thx.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    if the clamp you have is the screw in type, any arca-swiss type camera plate will work just fine. Even if you have the flip-lock type of clamp, the proper tension adjustment only takes a second or two. They don't cater to those of us using real cameras and likely don't make any bronica plates. No need spend hundreds of dollars on their plates anyway.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...+plate&_sop=15

I have two bronicas and use generic plates off ebay on them.
    It appears all the PU50, PU60 or PU70 would do it. It only costs a few $. I was going to spend $55 to get one.....

Just ordered the PU 60. It is the same size as my clamp...
    Last edited by RedSun; 06-05-2014 at 10:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    having the plate the same length (or longer) than the base of your camera can make it easier to slide the camera in and also makes for more contact to the camera which makes things sturdier. Having an extra long plate on hand for macro work is also a good thing because it allows you to move the entire camera in/out without moving the tripod.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I still do not know how the L-bracket etc., works. Since this is only a monopod, I'd like to everything small and not in the way of the my hands. I just figure the monopod would help with my heavy GS-1 body or in low light condition.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

L-Brackets in Use

Quote Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
    I still do not know how the L-bracket etc., works. Since this is only a monopod, I'd like to everything small and not in the way of the my hands. I just figure the monopod would help with my heavy GS-1 body or in low light condition.
    See this post http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/6...contax-g2.html for l_brackets in action on an RF645.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the power grips for all the Bronicas. So I do not know if that fits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin