Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,381   Online: 773
      
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Jersey, US
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    452

    What RRS Rails for Bronica?

    I have a monopod with RRS head with clamp. But I do not have any plate. I called RRS, but they told me a couple of rails for the Bronica. I have all 3 Bronica models. But the rail B82 they mentioned is for zoom lens. So I still do not know what rail to order. I can always order the multi-purpose MPR rail(s).

    Anyone here who has the RRS stuff?

  2. #2
    wildbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,481
    Images
    140
    if the clamp you have is the screw in type, any arca-swiss type camera plate will work just fine. Even if you have the flip-lock type of clamp, the proper tension adjustment only takes a second or two. They don't cater to those of us using real cameras and likely don't make any bronica plates. No need spend hundreds of dollars on their plates anyway.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...+plate&_sop=15


    I have two bronicas and use generic plates off ebay on them.
    Last edited by wildbill; 06-05-2014 at 04:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

    I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

  3. #3
    andrew.roos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Durban, South Africa
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    484
    Images
    12
    I use the B82 plate with my ETRSi, and mount it on a BH-40 with lever release. It works fine although (a) you have to mount the plate from the front of the body towards the back, which is at right angles to the normal left/right orientation of plates; and (b) it covers up the battery access cover (although not a problem as the battery does not have to be replaced often). I also use the same plate with my Winder Ei 2 grip, again mounted fore/aft not left/right. It works fine.

    Cheers
    Andrew
    "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs" (Ansel Adams)

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Jersey, US
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    452
    I have the MH-01 pro head (monopod), just like shown here:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zoom-rrsweb-1-MH-01-Pro-Isometric-Monopod-Head-8BIT-1.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	676.5 KB 
ID:	89113
    or
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zoom-rrsweb-1-MH-01-Pro-Isometric-Monopod-Head-8BIT-1.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	676.5 KB 
ID:	89113
    I just need the plate to go under the camera, or the grip. I do not need any bracket, etc....

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Jersey, US
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew.roos View Post
    I use the B82 plate with my ETRSi, and mount it on a BH-40 with lever release. It works fine although (a) you have to mount the plate from the front of the body towards the back, which is at right angles to the normal left/right orientation of plates; and (b) it covers up the battery access cover (although not a problem as the battery does not have to be replaced often). I also use the same plate with my Winder Ei 2 grip, again mounted fore/aft not left/right. It works fine.

    Cheers
    Andrew
    Can you show a photo with the rail on? Thx.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Jersey, US
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    if the clamp you have is the screw in type, any arca-swiss type camera plate will work just fine. Even if you have the flip-lock type of clamp, the proper tension adjustment only takes a second or two. They don't cater to those of us using real cameras and likely don't make any bronica plates. No need spend hundreds of dollars on their plates anyway.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...+plate&_sop=15


    I have two bronicas and use generic plates off ebay on them.
    It appears all the PU50, PU60 or PU70 would do it. It only costs a few $. I was going to spend $55 to get one.....

    Just ordered the PU 60. It is the same size as my clamp...
    Last edited by RedSun; 06-05-2014 at 10:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

  7. #7
    wildbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,481
    Images
    140
    having the plate the same length (or longer) than the base of your camera can make it easier to slide the camera in and also makes for more contact to the camera which makes things sturdier. Having an extra long plate on hand for macro work is also a good thing because it allows you to move the entire camera in/out without moving the tripod.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

    I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Jersey, US
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    452
    I still do not know how the L-bracket etc., works. Since this is only a monopod, I'd like to everything small and not in the way of the my hands. I just figure the monopod would help with my heavy GS-1 body or in low light condition.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    412
    Images
    5

    L-Brackets in Use

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
    I still do not know how the L-bracket etc., works. Since this is only a monopod, I'd like to everything small and not in the way of the my hands. I just figure the monopod would help with my heavy GS-1 body or in low light condition.
    See this post http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/6...contax-g2.html for l_brackets in action on an RF645.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Jersey, US
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    452
    I have the power grips for all the Bronicas. So I do not know if that fits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin