Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,544   Online: 1136

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mamiya C330 winding problem

I tried to load a roll of film this morning but after winding the crank a few times the mechanism didn't stop at #1 as it should, instead I wound the film to the very end, plus the counter is stuck at #2. I guess my little kid played with it a bit too hard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My C330 did that one time. Found that the right side had been bent in, which hit the stop paw underneath. Removing it, and putting a bit of pressure on it to straighten it out solved the problem. While inside I also did a basic cleaning on the gears and applied a bit of lubricant since everything was a bit dry and caked up too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now that you've told me, I can see the same slight dent around the counter window! How do I open the thing, are the screws under the leatherette surrounding the crank. Thanks so much!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is probably just the back not latching properly. Make sure the back is evenly placed when it is properly closed. The back on the C330 is a little too flexible. You really have to press in both corners to make it latch.

Start there, and worry about the internals only after you have eliminated the easy options.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi grahamp, the back was OK. I've removed the leatherette, unscrewed the 6 screws (+additional 5 that hold the crank) and removed the side plate. The mechanism released itself. I've straighten the tin and put everything back together. Bingo, it works again! Thanks for all your help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad we could help. The 330 is a wonderful camera. Mine help put me through college and buy our first house, they just last forever. I cannot think of another camera that I have enjoyed using so much. My 330 is my third Mamiya TLR, the first was a C3, followed by a C220. Both of those cameras are still going strong too, even though I no longer own them.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin