Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,224   Posts: 1,659,644   Online: 936

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well thanks to everyone for offering me their wonderful advice and the GF670w has finally arrived safe and out and works right out of the box. It feel solid,not as solid as the yashica mind you, but strong enough for my needs and not like some other flimsy medium format camera in the same weight category.

The deal was pretty good that I was worried it was a scam only when I won the bid. But the seller was genuine and given threw in 2 rolls of Velvia 100 into the package free of charge! I kinda feel guilty thinking it was a possible scam.

So I loaded a roll portra 160 and went out shooting. Hopefully I'll be skilled enough to take wonderful pictures with this camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamingartemis View Post
    Hopefully I'll be skilled enough to take wonderful pictures with this camera.
    You don't need skill, having a better camera is all you need.

Isn't that how this works? Someone please say "yes", I'm kind of counting on it...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    You don't need skill, having a better camera is all you need.

Isn't that how this works? Someone please say "yes", I'm kind of counting on it...
    Okay that really helped brighten me this morning !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay, so here is the review so far,

It's beautifully crafted piece of camera. While it looks big (although it's smaller than most major MF cameras), it's very lightweight.

The shutter is INSANELY quiet! The only way to know that the shutter had fired, was the red LED light going off in the viewfinder. If it wasn't for its size, it might be considered the perfect street camera due to its silence.

meanwhile, I don't have anything nice to show yet with it (just taking random scenes with it), but the sharpness is UNBELIEVABLE! My 35mm zeiss lenses can't hold a candle to the fujinon lenses.

finally, the camera feels nice and all of the features are well thought out. It's a bloody shame fujifilm doesn't market this camera aggressively! It's simply a wonder to behold and use!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So now that you've tested the camera, you're selling this camera off, right? On APug market? ;-)

Sent from Tap-a-talk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by analoguey View Post
    So now that you've tested the camera, you're selling this camera off, right? On APug market? ;-)

Sent from Tap-a-talk
    I'm gonna say......no

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamingartemis View Post
    The shutter is INSANELY quiet!
    Isn't that the most amazing thing?

I own the folder and routinely use it with a Vivitar 285HV for outdoor fill. The only way I know the shutter has fired is to hear the xenon tube in the flash unit discharging with it's signature muffled pop.

I'll never get over that silent shutter.

Ken
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Isn't that the most amazing thing?

I own the folder and routinely use it with a Vivitar 285HV for outdoor fill. The only way I know the shutter has fired is to hear the xenon tube in the flash unit discharging with it's signature muffled pop.

I'll never get over that silent shutter.

Ken
    I still find it hard to believe the shutter had fired at all sometimes.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin