Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,529   Online: 1093

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Mamiya Pro-TL, mechanical cable release?

I'm the proud new owner of a Pro-TL, which came with a power winder. The winder has a cable release in the shutter trigger, so using a cable release with the grip is not an issue. However, I want the get a manual winder so the camera doesn't take up as much space, not to mention being a wee bit lighter. However, once the grip goes, there is no hole for a cable release, only a button.

I want the sharpest photographs possible, so I've been looking at getting the cable release adapter - it appears to be a small plate that attaches to the camera. But I have no idea how this thing works.

Does somebody have one of these adapters? How does it attach to the camera, and how does it work?

Many thanks!
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    oh goodie, new toys!!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose
    oh goodie, new toys!!
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ken,
    This creature is a switch with a cable release socket in it. It plugs into the body & provides a small electrical switch for the cable rel. to close. They're not real expensive. (as I try to type that with a straight face) Used they show up on ebay for around ~$20.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    Ken,
    This creature is a switch with a cable release socket in it. It plugs into the body & provides a small electrical switch for the cable rel. to close. They're not real expensive. (as I try to type that with a straight face) Used they show up on ebay for around ~$20.
    Ruh oh...

So they work well then? And I've got a line on one for about $15 US.....
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ken,
    They should work fine. More likely to get lost in the bag than malfunction. Carry it in something that won't get lost under a roll of film & you'll be ok. 35mm film can would be ideal. They're about 1/2" sq X1/8" thick Tiny little critters. For $15 it's more than worth it. You could fabricate something but it's not worth the time & energy.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin