Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,483   Posts: 1,571,182   Online: 1119

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New old Cameras

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I am sure some might buy the 620 film just to get the spools.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Zedwardson, I went on a spending spree and bought a dozen Brownie box cameras for $1 at a junk shop. Now I have a dozen spools

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    i love it when people cut the price "because you can't get film for it anymore." I've got 20 rolls of 120 acros on the way right now.
    Every time I hear that my standard response is, "Really? Better tell that to my freezer then...", but I do think I need to come up with something even more sarcastic.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I usually say, "You can't, but I can. I have an uncle in the CIA."

I really like it when I am photographing, and someone tells me that I can't get film anymore. I usually reply, "I know, I'm just pretending. It helps my dementia."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, I'll bite...

When told film is no more I used to just reach into my bag and hold up a roll, examining it with a studied quizzical frown on my face. Unfortunately, we've now reached a point where more often than not the return response has become, "What's that?"

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    OK, I'll bite...

When told film is no more I used to just reach into my bag and hold up a roll, examining it with a studied quizzical frown on my face. Unfortunately, we've now reached a point where more often than not the return response has become, "What's that?"

Ken
    I think I might try that one next time, except that I'll be the one asking "wtf is this?"
    (and maybe even asking if anyone can read the date on it, if I'm shooting non-expired film). I'm not old-looking enough to try the dementia line yet, but that's a great one.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tell them fresh film is quite easy to get using a modern invention called the internet; you buy it without leaving the house and it comes right to your door. You might suggest they stop living in the past and get with the times.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedwardson View Post
    Talk about a feeling like a Idiot. I take all sorts of great shots with my new Mid Format camera, the waitress at the place I ate dinner even let me take a photo of her to see how it would look.

End of a great day of photos, open up the film door.

And see that the roll never "took" and while I still have a mostly unexposed roll of Delta 400, I don't have any of the awesome shots I took.
    When you load the film, you need to wind it forward with the back open. You need to wind it until a 'START' mark shows, with arrows pointing to the sides. Align this mark with the red dot on one side of the film chamber. THEN close the back and wind forward until the winding mechanism stops letting oyu go forward. THEN wind backwards until it stops. THEN take a shot. Now wind forward until it tops and BACK until it stops.

You can read more details here-
    http://www.butkus.org/chinon/yashica...-em-splash.htm

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Regarding the reply to "You can't buy film for it anymore," I just say, "Yes, you can, but it's sort of a long story."

As I've gotten older, I'm trying to remove sarcasm from my interaction with others. I'm mostly successful.

There's nothing worse than an egotistical "know-it-all" photographer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedwardson View Post
    Yashica Mat EM, the meter appears to be fully working. It at least gives ballpark correct figures for settings.
    Nice. My first good camera was a Yashica Mat EM I got second hand when I was 13. Loved that camera. I'd still have it today if it hadn't been stolen by some scumbag. Went to the local camera shop to see if they had a Yashica Mat and came home with a Rolleiflex MX-EVS Tessar. Still have that and love it, But I've also got another Yashica Mat EM as well. I always liked the Yashinon lenses on the Mats. There's just something magical about a good Tessar type lens.
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin