Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,931   Posts: 1,585,440   Online: 1046

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New old Cameras

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

New old Cameras

Picked it up at a yard sale. The guy told me "BTW, you can't buy film for it anymore". Picked it up for 10 dollars as a "Cool thing to have in my office" ....

Meter works, Shutter appears to be working, even cosmetically it looks mostly good. Even had some old C-41 film in it (so old the tape to seal it won't work.

I now own what appears to be a fully working mid format Camera.

I did find the manual online, but it a easy camera to operate, and I had a Yashica-mat years before.

I guess I could develop the 120 roll in Black and white to see if I have any images that work on it. The film could be cooked for all I know....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cool. What model is it? You mention you had a Yashica-mat, but I don't know if you mean it is one, or you are not new to medium format.

There is an ongoing thread in the 35mm subforum. and people have posted medium format as well:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum52/1...ld-camera.html
    Truzi

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yashica Mat EM, the meter appears to be fully working. It at least gives ballpark correct figures for settings.

Shooter
    35mm

can do

You certainly can buy film for a Yashicamat, 120 size. Great camera. I have two.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I knew they had at least 120 roll ability (could not remember if they where 120 only or 120/220) but needless to say I am tickled pink about it. Now time to find some inexpensive 120 roll film to test it out fully.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i love it when people cut the price "because you can't get film for it anymore." I've got 20 rolls of 120 acros on the way right now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Way to go! I wish I was that lucky.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I love deals like that. Congratulations. I think that you will have quite a bit of fun with that camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Talk about a feeling like a Idiot. I take all sorts of great shots with my new Mid Format camera, the waitress at the place I ate dinner even let me take a photo of her to see how it would look.

End of a great day of photos, open up the film door.

And see that the roll never "took" and while I still have a mostly unexposed roll of Delta 400, I don't have any of the awesome shots I took.

Shooter
    35mm
    Like my 620 camera that you "Can't buy film for" any more. Pshaw. 120 and 620 film are the same film, just on different spools. So I buy 120 and put it on 620 spools. You can also get some 620 from B&H, but it's less expensive and more types of film are available if you buy 120 and respool.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin