Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,703   Posts: 1,548,472   Online: 868

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by analoguey View Post
    Isnt the whole point of going to class to learn, for yourself?
    How's getting a format that everyone wants to use/is using vs a format you want to use help?
    Conformity for the sake of teacher having it is easy, or because everyone else's doing it, seems stupid - in higher education.

Sent from Tap-a-talk
    its the difference between being a student there to learn
    and someone who
    is there to show off his or her exotic gear and give impressions.

i agree with truzi it will slow down the class
    and id the person with the exotic gear isnt thick skinned
    classmates and teachers alike will think they are better than they
    are and grill them alive in critique sessions.

as i said this was the case years ago when i was a student ..
    a guy had an impressive and expensive camera, made the class think
    he was better than he was ( by having expensive and exotic gear )
    and from his first to final critique he came out bloodied and bruised.
    this guy has skin as thick as a motorcycle jacket and could take it ..
    but if he was thin skinned, got all pissed off and pouty when he was
    criticized or joked about he would have dropped out ... i lost touch with him 20+ years ago
    but last i read he was producing work and feeding himself well ...

maybe we are all jumping to conclusions and stone isnt going to school in the fall

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi, There is a bit of fresh 70mm film that is brand new for sale, an Agfa Aviphot product B&W film, no need to wait for Ilford to offer their HP-5 once a year with their ULF annual ordering program. look at this: http://www.macodirect.de/rollei-infr...05m-p-428.html

I have always been toying with the idea of getting the 70mm back for the Hasselblad, good prices on ebay lately.

Trying to sell stuff on this forum can be a real waste of time because of the high content of "Forum Rats" and people who are broke, better off with ebay

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    Hi, There is a bit of fresh 70mm film that is brand new for sale, an Agfa Aviphot product B&W film, no need to wait for Ilford to offer their HP-5 once a year with their ULF annual ordering program. look at this: http://www.macodirect.de/rollei-infr...05m-p-428.html

I have always been toying with the idea of getting the 70mm back for the Hasselblad, good prices on ebay lately.

Trying to sell stuff on this forum can be a real waste of time because of the high content of "Forum Rats" and people who are broke, better off with ebay
    Thanks, I don't have time to wait on eBay, when I get back if there's anything left I'll list it ok eBay then.

But I did decide to list some of it here...

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/132250-fs-rare-film-blowout-sale-120-70mm-35mm.html
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I started with photographic equipment when I was 14(6x9 Zeiss Ikon box Tengor)now 49 years later still have it; with all of the good memories. Never sold anything btw only adding. Keep your stuff and stop whining

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k.hendrik View Post
    I started with photographic equipment when I was 14(6x9 Zeiss Ikon box Tengor)now 49 years later still have it; with all of the good memories. Never sold anything btw only adding. Keep your stuff and stop whining
    I've already sold most of it now that I'm willing to sell, kept a few rolls for myself and that's it.

I'm not whining, just asking for advice. Lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin