Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,685   Online: 1153

Shooter
    Multi Format

Pentax 67II CLA In Canada

I have a Pentax 67II that I'd like to do a CLA (clean, lube, adjust) on and I'm thinking to sending it to Ricoh Canada which services Pentax now. Anyone have any idea of a ballpark figure of what the cost to do this would be?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would contact Horst Wenzel and ask him about his experience with your camera: http://www.canada411.ca/res/60426358...194220690.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I forgot about Horst. He used to run Vancam some years ago and retired. He actually repaired my old 6x7 camera in 2003. I did try calling him, but he didn't answer his phone.

Other options would be to send to Vancam in Vancouver, but they can't get parts. And I'm kinda leary about sending them my camera, since they ruined a Canon T90 I had some years ago. I really question their experience with the 67. They say they can work on it, but that doesn't mean they know the camera.

Another option is to send to KEH in the USA for repair. They apparently bought up a lot of Pentax parts from Pentax a few years back, so they have stock of some parts. Rocoh USA doesn't have much for this camera, and the Canadian outlet has no parts.

Who else in the USA is experienced with the 67II and can do a good job on a CLA?
    Last edited by braxus; 07-29-2014 at 01:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Contact Eric Hendrickson - former Pentax tech: http://pentaxs.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    Contact Eric Hendrickson - former Pentax tech: http://pentaxs.com/
    I left him an email.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Eric is your best bet for a P67. IMHO

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Eric won't do it because of parts supply problems from Pentax. Looks like I'll have to bug Horst again. Lets hope he can do it without needing parts. KEH won't ship internationally.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It may be worth an email to Camtech in Hamilton Ontario. I have not used them but others report good service and repairs for med. format and leaf shutter cameras. Just a thought. Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many places won't work on these anymore, because parts are pretty much nill at this point for 6x7 cameras. If something needs replacing, you're hooped.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin