Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,511   Posts: 1,645,222   Online: 1088

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    110/2.8 is the smallest and lightest RZ lens I think; most of the lenses are 2x-4x of its size and weight.

If you're feeling particularly strong one day, slap on a 250APO, prism and power-winder and see how you go handholding it through a wedding reception. It's going to hurt, but that's the sort of thing entirely impossible with a view camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For perspective control and focal plane control, there are shift/tilt lenses available for medium format cameras with the Exakta 66/Pentacon/Kiev 60 mount. Adapters are available for some other cameras. Also, the same lenses are made in some other mounts. I don't know if any of this is applicable to to RZ67, but it might be worth contacting Hartblei or Arax about this possibility.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mamiya sells an RZ67 75mm(?) shift lens as well as a tilt shift adapter that works on their "short barrel" lenses ($$$), which are available in 75mm and 180mm I think. It's an expensive and poor solution compared to a real view camera though.

There are no third party adapters (eg Hartblei/Arax) because of all the electronics in the lens mount.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    emani,

The RZ will work just fine for much of the work you'll probably do because there are simple techniques that can do wonders and more than one way to skin this cat.

For example, simply leveling the camera right to left and front to back will solve a lot of the issues the guys suggesting LF want to solve.

Surely the LF cameras are more adjustable and can be a lot of fun but they are considerably more work and give you lots more ways to screw up.

Another thing is that some enlargers allow movements that can square up the print from a skewed negative.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Ana´s Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello, and welcome, I used the 65mm on the RB67, and in my opinion it worked well, sharp for me as well!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    110/2.8 is the smallest and lightest RZ lens I think; most of the lenses are 2x-4x of its size and weight.

If you're feeling particularly strong one day, slap on a 250APO, prism and power-winder and see how you go handholding it through a wedding reception. It's going to hurt, but that's the sort of thing entirely impossible with a view camera.
    4.692 kg. I changed the 250 into 180sb with spacer, film not included

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also new to forums, so please excuse any etiquette fails. After reading all your comments and thinking more, I have bought the non-uld 50mm for less than half the price of the uld one. My thinking is I just need to get started with shooting and getting comforable with medium format and film asap.
    I'm dreading the first dip down in quality.
    i've got my eye on large format in the long term, and take your points polyglot. i have also looked at tiltshift, but i think that, given the prices, the money would be better spent saving for large format. I also have some large format film that i'm going to try doing pinhole stuff with.
    my mamiya set up is going to be bulky, but it still looks fairly ordinary. so my plan is to get comfortable with this before attempting large format.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I need to get a lot more basic photographic knowledge before i step up. I hoping this set up will be a good way to learn. Thanks everyone again.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by emani View Post
    Also new to forums, so please excuse any etiquette fails. After reading all your comments and thinking more, I have bought the non-uld 50mm for less than half the price of the uld one. My thinking is I just need to get started with shooting and getting comforable with medium format and film asap.
    I'm dreading the first dip down in quality.
    i've got my eye on large format in the long term, and take your points polyglot. i have also looked at tiltshift, but i think that, given the prices, the money would be better spent saving for large format. I also have some large format film that i'm going to try doing pinhole stuff with.
    my mamiya set up is going to be bulky, but it still looks fairly ordinary. so my plan is to get comfortable with this before attempting large format.
    I have seen 4x5 monorails go as cheap as $50.00 lately. You can pick up a real nice 210mm f/5.6 lens in an accurate modern Copal shutter for $150.00. Used 4x5 film holders sell as low as $5.00 a piece. You can use an inexpensive 4x loupe or cheap reading glasses from the drug store for a focussing aid. Use an oversized black T shirt or sweat shirt for a dark cloth. Use your 35mm camera, digital camera, or app on your cell phone as a light meter. You will need a good, sturdy tripod. Majestics are cheap. Sometimes you can buy a whole kit from one person for a very low price.

If you do decide to try 4x5, do it cheap and you can always sell the gear and get at least most of your money back if you find it's not for you.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I do have to warn you. I started with a 4x5 monorail and then a 4x5 field camera. Then I bought a better 4x5 monorail. Now I own an 8x10 camera.

My wife says it's a sickness!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin