Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,216   Posts: 1,659,488   Online: 858

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    You will find none of the SQ bodies have a T mode built in to the body. It is a fiddly little switch on the side of the lens. See: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/bronica...a_sq-a-m-2.htm on its use.
    As above the PS and earlier SQ lenses (S?) had a 'T' switch which can be used to simulate Bulb, but the SQ-B came as a complete kit with a cut down 80mm 'PS-B' lens which did not have the 'T' switch. The SQ-B also came with a cut down back that didn't have an ISO setting but it will take normal SQ-Ai backs. There are no metering prism options for the SQ-B.

A 150 or 200mm lens shouldn't be much more than that teleconverter. The 135 is probably more sought after as it focusses closer and is better suited to tightly cropped portraits (head shots) - although you can use a short extension tube on the 150 quite effectively.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by johnha View Post
    the SQ-B came as a complete kit with a cut down 80mm 'PS-B' lens which did not have the 'T' switch.
    That's what I thought. And apparently the SQ-Ai will only expose for 1 min max in bulb mode so if you want to go longer than a min The lenses T mode is the only option. I assume you could use either the lens cap or the dark slide as a shutter for really long exposures in T mode.
    What does the T stand for anyway?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyB View Post
    What does the T stand for anyway?
    I've always thought it was either Time, or Trage (German for slow).
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    I've always thought it was either Time, or Trage (German for slow).
    Zeit ist geld. Time is money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry, träge, damn windows defaulting back to standard US keyboard. Which, according to G-translate, means 'sluggish', but I always knew it as slow because T is marked on slow-blow fuses.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Sorry, träge, damn windows defaulting back to standard US keyboard. Which, according to G-translate, means 'sluggish', but I always knew it as slow because T is marked on slow-blow fuses.
    Look at a dial-set Compur or a Compound. It will have a dial marked Z-D-M. Z is for Zeit. D and M are for bulb and instantaneous (in context, timed exposure), respectively. Zeit, not traege.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wouldn't be so quick in disregarding the teleconverter option.Personally I quite like it!

I have the kit similar to the one that you'd like to buy (Zenza Bronica Sq-Ai, 80mm PS, teleconverter x2 and 50mm PS) and I often use the 80mm with the teleconverter for close up portraits. You can literally count the pores of the skin, so I'd say that the quality is more than ok.

If you have any specific questions about this kit before buying it and/or you wish to see some examples of photos shot with it, please let me know

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would imagine that a teleconverter could be excellent if it is designed to be optimal with a certain lens.
    I think we'd be interested to see a couple of examples Claudia.
    RE fuses. My understanding is the 'T' on slow-blow fuses stands for "timed".

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyB View Post
    After a few weeks of deliberation I'm about ready to order a Bronica SQ-AI from a dealer in the UK.
    I'm primarily into landscapes and abstracts.
    Why square? Seems 6x7 would be a better choice, especially since you can get 6x6 backs for them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here you go, plenty of examples of the 80mm plus teleconverter x2!
    I also used cheap close up filters from Ebay and it still looks great when I print them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	278.3 KB 
ID:	92084 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02.jpg 
Size:	399.6 KB 
ID:	92085 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	289.1 KB 
ID:	92086 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04.jpg 
Size:	398.1 KB 
ID:	92087 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05.jpg 
Size:	273.4 KB 
ID:	92088 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06.jpg 
Size:	304.9 KB 
ID:	92089 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07.jpg 
Size:	298.9 KB 
ID:	92090 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	09.jpg 
Size:	243.5 KB 
ID:	92091 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.jpg 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	92092

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin