Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,437   Online: 1009

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd be happy with 6x7 I assume your referring to the Mamiya. I looked at the specs RB67 and as warned it weighs near double the SQ-AI.
    I've been using a rolleicord a bit recently and I really like the different composition of the Square format. and there's also plenty of room to crop.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyB View Post
    I'd be happy with 6x7 I assume your referring to the Mamiya. I looked at the specs RB67 and as warned it weighs near double the SQ-AI.
    The GS-1 is the lighter and more compact than the Mamiyas. It's the same weight as the P67.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    Why square? Seems 6x7 would be a better choice, especially since you can get 6x6 backs for them.
    I've looked at getting a 6x6 back for the RZ, but they are pricy. There is one on eBay now but it is $230 + $25 s/h from Japan. That's why I have both an SQ-A and RZ. Ok, that's not why, but I love them both.

Quote Originally Posted by JammyB View Post
    I've been using a rolleicord a bit recently and I really like the different composition of the Square format. and there's also plenty of room to crop.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    The RB/RZ are heavy (RZ might be lighter due to plastics) but they are fantastic machines.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I haven't used one, but the RB/RZ (effectively 7x7 camera systems) look much bigger & heavier animals than a 6x6 SLR.

To shoot verticals on a 6x7 without a revolving back is quite cumbersome (almost impossible with a WLF) and requires a big tripod head to hold the camera vertical (or some kind of 'L' bracket). My Pentax 6x7 is relatively easy to hand-hold vertically (without the left hand grip attached) - just like a 35mm SLR with my left hand cupping the lens.

IIRC the Rollie 6xxx cameras allowed you to rotate the 6x4.5 back for verticals, I thought that was a very good idea.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin