Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,417   Online: 1166

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the Bronica EC, fantastic camera system but awful heavy for me. Tried the SQ-A, had two but both had problems but really like the 6x6 negative.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle M. View Post
    I've personally owned 2 Bronica S2's and they were far from unreliable, and the Nikkor lenses are very sharp. The S2 gets a bad rap because of the brass gears in the advance mechanism, both of mine were heavily used by several previous owners and still worked great. The S is just a cheaper version of the S2 without a removable back. For what it's worth I've seen several sell through dealers for over twice the price your looking at. If it's in good working condition that is indeed a good price.
    Yeah and I had 2 S2A, 1 S2. The S2 stopped working even though I am gentle to it, it just simply broke, transport gear broke, viewfinder cover defected, speed setting brroke, all at the same time. S2A still works well.
    My S2A is 100 EUR, my EC TL with 50 and 75 Zenzanon, 2 backs are 150 EUR, so 130 for S is just simply expensive.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I wish I could get an ECTL that cheap here and the states I can't find a good one under $500, S', S2's, and S2A's go for $250-$450. So I was basing prices off that, I have no idea what the market is like in europe.
    Yashica-Mat 124 G

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle M. View Post
    I have no idea what the market is like in europe.
    At the start of this year, I bought an S2 with the standard Nikkor lens for £225 (US $378).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin