Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,869   Posts: 1,629,346   Online: 751

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Normally I turn a disc drive to small pieces for bits springs etc.

But it should work without the spring but you might damage the pin...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    At the moment the pin is no use at all. It doesn't block the shutter or prevents from double exposures and on top it blocks the rotating adapter because the pin falls back when the lens is facing upwards. grrrrr!

What do you mean with bits and pieces of a disc drive (sorry my english is not that good)?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    my RB pro S

pin does not protrude but sits flush (ok recessed 0.1 mm) at both portrait and landscape,

except when the shutter release is depressed

if the body is not armed it only extends 1.0 mm
    if the body is armed it extends about 5.0 to 7.0 mm

I'll use a gauge if you need more exact?
    Im confused on my Pro S

- When the body is armed and the pin should comes out its 4.5 mm the back will physically stop the pin before that at about 3.0 mm? This blocks the shutter stopping a double exposure

or

- the rotating adapter will block the shutter release if the dark slide is not out, the dark slide has two fingers which tell the rotating adapter a back with a dark slide fitted is present the pin should come out 2.0 mm

You need to check both cases

I apologise I was abstract an old computer disc drive is a good source for springs if you dismantle it if you can't get the correct one from Mamiya.

There is a repair manual

google MAMIYA RB67 repair manual

my phone won't pick up the PDF URL sorry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks! The repair guide shows one more missing pin ;-)
    I give up for now. I have to get hold of a good adapter and see how that works on my body.

Thanks for all your help and effort!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Good luck.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A little report how things went on, for all those nice people who cared to help.
    I finally bought an other rotating adapter which had all the missing pins in place. It turned out, that exactly that was the problem. There are two corners with pins which communicate from body to back. Both were missing. Now everything works. Problem solved. :-)))

The new (used) adapter has no seals. Mamiya Germany doesn't sell them anymore, only the rest they have in stock and only when they can do the work. This is now in process.

Thank you all for your help!!!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    google Jon Goodman or

cut up mouse mat, - scissors scalpel steel ruler
    double sided pressure sensitive tape

the rotating back and mirror normally have foam too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin