Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,222   Online: 906

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mamiya RB67 ProSD, darkslide block doesn't block

Hi there, I am new to medium Format and have just bought myself for almost no money a used Mamiya RB67 ProSD. During shooting the first film I forgot to pull out the blind slide one time but I was still able to release the shutter and mirror and to advance the film afterwards. I thought there is a block which prevents this to happen. The back is 6x4.5 ProSD. Is that a problem of the back or of the body (or is it me )?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The block is only applied if the dark slide is pushed in the final 3mm, you can shoot blank frames if the slide is out 3mm. There are two little triangles to indicate the slide is in the shoot blanks position.

Or there is a fault with the back.

You need to down load the manual. free!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the comment.

I just tried it again. It doesn't make a difference if the triangle is out or the slide ist completely in. The shutter is never blocked. So it is probably a technical problem with the back. I just realised how the pins on the darkslide push in two pieces of metal and make it possible to take off the back or lock it. This bit works, but it doesn't lock the shutter if the slide is pulled out.

Guess I have to try it with other backs to find out if the problem ist with teh back or the rotating part or the body. The postman will bring me a 6x7 back next week. Let's see.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Sorry...

When you push the dark slide in to conceal the little triangle the tongue that pokes out to block the cameras 'im going to shoot' pin should poke out to physically block the shutter button pin and the shutter button.

But the back needs to be wound on ready to fire as well.

The tongue is the double exposure interlock as well as dark slide in... If you set the double exposure allowed on the back things are different I think...

If it don't it is the back.

But Im doing this from memory...
    Last edited by Xmas; 08-10-2014 at 12:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    The point of the dark slide is to let you change backs, and thus, film, whenever you want. There is no good reason to leave them in when shooting - unless you want to shoot blank frames. The lock mechanism isn't foolproof and yes, if you are determined enough, you can shoot with the dark slide in. Been there, done that, chucked the whole roll of film in the trash.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    The point of the dark slide is to let you change backs, and thus, film, whenever you want. There is no good reason to leave them in when shooting - unless you want to shoot blank frames. The lock mechanism isn't foolproof and yes, if you are determined enough, you can shoot with the dark slide in. Been there, done that, chucked the whole roll of film in the trash.
    If you have a proSD the interlock should be 100%?

Is the magazine set to multiple exposure? Little lever by the film advance lever. Red dot showing is to allow multiple exposures and I think it will disable the interlock.

JD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jadphoto View Post
    Is the magazine set to multiple exposure? Little lever by the film advance lever. Red dot showing is to allow multiple exposures and I think it will disable the interlock.

JD
    Nope - red dot is not showing. But thanks, now I know what the lever is for.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    When you fire the shutter you should see the little pin from the body poke into the hole in the back.

The back should throw the tongue out to stop a double exposure.

The tongue should withdraw when you wind the back.

If the back is an earlier back it may be missing interlocks it will still work ok.

But you need the user manual for the camera as relying in hints from web not going to work.

google Mamiya RB pro user manual

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    When you fire the shutter you should see the little pin from the body poke into the hole in the back.
    That might be the problem. I can see a little pin in a hole moving when firing but it is not standing out and not poking in the hole of the back.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin