Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,812   Posts: 1,581,556   Online: 975

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Shangai 120 , Ebay, your experience ?

I have Vermeer , Tengor and Ikon cameras and I need to buy film. Shangai is the cheapest and free shipping , any problem with the film from ebay ? I found pack of 10 costs 20 or so and I will try to buy from Hong Kong.

ps. John , I might be clearer , I saw the post and Richards Rodinal Rollei image was breathtakinng. I think that film is better than What I can do with it. I am asking is e bay films fresh , in good shape etc.

Latest information , reports is needed.

Umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 08-17-2014 at 03:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    http://www.apug.org/forums/google.ph...2335j652821j13

hi umut

like everything ...
    some people love it, ( and others hate it )
    i guess it depends on who you talk to

john

Shooter
    35mm
    I haven't used it, but suggestions from users is that the batch with expiry date of 20016 is good.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Batch 5153 is the really bad batch where the numbers on the backing paper would transfer to the film. It had an expiry date of 2013.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Very poor quality control (just like Ultracrap, oops, I mean Ultrafine). Best to avoid it. It's cheap for a reason.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So far I've shot over 100 rolls of it without any major issues other than a bit of curl. It is hard to see the frame numbers in red windows though. I bought all mine from Hong Kong. I shoot it half box speed and develop in PMK Pyro or D-76 (1+1).
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you all , I remember Ricardo's saying from past. 10 rolls costs 20 dollars and free shipping. If I would order from US or UK or Germany , only the shipping costs 2 or 3 times more than all paid to china. I will ask the seller , the expiry date . Its cheap because china have hell of money and electricity ,workers costs 1/10 of the us and chemicals and shipping costs 1/100 to 1/1000. I buy lots of things from china and they are excellent and no shipping cost.

1 cubic meters 1000 kilograms good costs 15 dollars to Shangai to Istanbul by ship. Multiply that by least 100 times from New York to Istanbul .

In next 20 years , there will be more universiity graduates than the entire us population , 15 000 000 a year in china.
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 08-17-2014 at 06:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    tempting, but I've gone through too much iffy film at cheap prices in my day to accept iffy results any more.

I'd rather patronize the nice folks at Ilford and Fuji anyway. At 50 cents a shot instead of 30, it's not that big a deal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have mixed results, and feelings, from that film. There have been rolls from the same batch (bought in tens) that gave me excellent results, and others that came out with all one can imagine.
    There had been a roll that came out overdeveloped. Was not my fault as my other one in the same tank came out perfect. Another one had its backing paper stuck on the film and I could not take it off. Another one using the same development like others came out ultra thin.

Not bad at all, but only when it works.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some years ago I bought fifty "supposedly fresh" rolls of Shangai (ISO 100) in 120 off ebay for $50.00. I thought that was a good deal. I used the first half over a three month period with no problems. Then every roll in the second half came up mottled. They still had another year before expiration. In any case I don't buy film off of eBay anymore.
    Entre La Espada y La Pared.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin