Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,699   Online: 763

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I've been doing this kind of thing for decades, mostly with view camera gear, but once in awhile with a 6x7 system. I strongly prefer true external frame packs, and among those, vintage well-built ones, like '60 and '70's US mfg Keltys (not the current outsourced models), or old
    Camp Trails packs. The funny thing is that people will buy something like this and never even use it, and decades later find it in a closet and
    sell it at yard sale for next to nothing. Sometimes the words "vintage pack" will give you a hit on the auction site, but make sure it's a size you can use and in mint shape, cause it's difficult to find replacement straps or backbands for any of this kind of stuff anymore. I gradually picked up enough spare packs to probably last me the duration. The last one I traded a half-empty quart of marine varnish for at a garage sale, and it was probably well over $200 new, way back when, and had never even been used when I got ahold of it. I work out every week
    with heavy packs. But a true frame pack not only gives you top access, but protects the gear in general much better than these overpriced
    silly camera packs with all their redundant heavy foam padding. I typically wraps my camera inside a goosedown jacket. There are side pouches for the lenses. Of course, other people will have relevant differing opinions. But this has worked well for me, even when carrying
    up to hundred pound loads in steep terrain ... But my ultimate goal is to patent a helium-filled bellows... that way, the bigger the camera,
    the lighter it will be !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Checked out fstop's bags? They seem expensive but so far I've never heard any real complaints

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lench View Post
    Checked out fstop's bags? They seem expensive but so far I've never heard any real complaints
    Do you use one? Which one?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will be in a few weeks. Loka + large pro ICU

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin