Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,710   Posts: 1,548,627   Online: 1158

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Did I buy the right head?

My main rig is a Mamiya RZ67 Pro ii - and I'd like to be able to add bigger lenses with this setup.. I just purchased a MHXPRO-3W - found here. Today, I ordered the Manfrotto 055XPROB legs, this seems to be an ideal setup, but I wonder: Is this head too small for the large surface area of the RZ67 body bottom? I am concerned it is a lot of weight in one concentrated area. Should I have been looking for something with more surface support?

I also use a Mamiya 645AF - but I imagine that is not an issue if the RZ isn't. I've been using a vintage Slik model for a while now, but it has felt small as well.

As always, I appreciate the thoughts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think it will be O.K., especially since your camera has a revolving back and you won't need to flip the head over.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like a good combo to me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    Looks like a good combo to me.
    Does that combo include the beastly RZ67? Or do you just mean the legs and head?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LMNOP View Post
    Does that combo include the beastly RZ67? Or do you just mean the legs and head?
    Both/either...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It will be fine. One piece of advice. When you mount the camera with the plate, twist the camera on the tripod to make sure the plate is fully seated on the head. I found out what quick release means when my camera fell off the tripod assuming that I mounted it correctly. I still laugh at myself for that.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    It will be fine. One piece of advice. When you mount the camera with the plate, twist the camera on the tripod to make sure the plate is fully seated on the head. I found out what quick release means when my camera fell off the tripod assuming that I mounted it correctly. I still laugh at myself for that.
    Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks great to me!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use the same RC2 system and I find it fine for the RZ. And as mentioned, Yes, make sure you secure the RC on the body and then the RC on the head. Before you left go of the camera, give it a little tug.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mweintraub View Post
    I use the same RC2 system and I find it fine for the RZ. And as mentioned, Yes, make sure you secure the RC on the body and then the RC on the head. Before you left go of the camera, give it a little tug.
    Nice! I will do that. I also got Nikon's 12" screw-in cable release, should work with the RZ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin