Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,693   Posts: 1,669,505   Online: 1007

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bronica SQ-AI

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    Yes that's an S lens. Optically, especially at the 80mm focal length, from what I've read I don't think there's noticeable difference. I only have PS series myself, but I'm vaguely remembering the S does NOT have 1/2 stop aperture detents, whereas the PS does. And of course, PS lenses will be at least a little bit newer (but could still go back to the 1980s).
    That's correct on the half stop detents which are nice but not a deal breaker. The coating was changed a bit, too. I have both S and PS lenses and have never noticed any difference between them.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well I've ordered it. It was an ebay purchase so fingers crossed. I got it with delivery for less than 200 GBP so not the end of the world if its not perfect.
    Should be with me on Saturday I'll let you know how it goes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyB View Post
    Well I've ordered it. It was an ebay purchase so fingers crossed. I got it with delivery for less than 200 GBP so not the end of the world if its not perfect.
    Should be with me on Saturday I'll let you know how it goes.
    Sounds good to me. You might want to check the lens shutter before running film through it. Take the back off, set it to Multi-exposure, look through the back and shoot - checking for snappy opening/closing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It arrived this morning and I had a quick play with it. It's clearly been used but it all seems to function as it should. It's not pitted or anything but it could do with a good clean. Hopfully I'll get chance to stick a roll through it over the weekend.

Shooter
    35mm
    I hope you enjoy it. I have a SQ-A and a SQ-Am and I love them. They are simple and robust, and capable of producing great images. Let us know how you get on.
    Alex

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Muir View Post
    I hope you enjoy it. I have a SQ-A and a SQ-Am and I love them. They are simple and robust, and capable of producing great images. Let us know how you get on.
    Alex
    I have the same models and I really enjoy them too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I ran a test roll through it last night and It turns out you can load the film backwards and shoot a whole roll that way. Well now that test's done I'm going to try it with the film loaded the right way.

Shooter
    35mm
    I ran a test roll through it last night and It turns out you can load the film backwards and shoot a whole roll that way. Well now that test's done I'm going to try it with the film loaded the right way.

I wasted a whole 120 roll of Delta 400 on Saturday. Not in a Bronica, but very annoying. You'll love your SQ-Ai once you see the results.
    Alex

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm just glad it was a cheapish foma roll and it was just a load of test shots and not anything important.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm just glad it was a cheapish foma roll and it was just a load of test shots and not anything important.

Always a good idea to test out any new equipment as you've just experienced. A few peculiarities or issues will almost certainly pop up early on.

If you're in the UK, I find Ffordes to be a good source of Bronica equipment.

The SQ series is great; one of the best values in photography on a price/performance basis.

Almost all of my photography is with an SQ-A, supplemented by a few photos here and there with my SQ-B and Minolta Autocord.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin