Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,950   Posts: 1,557,886   Online: 942

Shooter
    35mm RF

Hasselblad 50 Distagon CF Repair Manual or Prontor CF Timing

Hello one and all! Long time lurker, first time poster.

On a whim I bought a broken 50 Distagon CF, thinking I could fix the lens. Lens required a CLA, which I have almost completed. I am having some difficulty getting the main spring and the drive train to mesh correctly. I think there is an exact order of operation to get the drive train installed but I can't se to figure it out.

Anyone have a prontor CF repair manual, or a photo of the shutter with the cover removed? A photo would help me to understand how to correctly mesh the gears

Before anyone chimes in and tells me to send it out, understand that the job is just about finished.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kzphoto View Post
    Hello one and all! Long time lurker, first time poster.

Before anyone chimes in and tells me to send it out, understand that the job is just about finished.
    Now who would do that? :P

Anyway, the shutter has to be released and the rotation of the cocking gear determined. Both gears will mesh at the extreme end of their travel.
    Viewed from above this would be /cocking ring fully CCW and gear fully CW*.

*Well. Most leaf shutters anyway. Too many years have passed.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You are a gentleman, thank you sir.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ever hear of google or bing search engines? use " prontor shutter repair manual " without quotes as the search term.
    1st hit http://benoit.suaudeau.perso.neuf.fr...am_prontor.pdf
    Now it may not say the exact model you have but Zeiss used the same basic design from the first introduction to the final production model. The later designs are a refinement on the original. Even if they made a shutter for Hasselblad only it will have many of the same characteristics as their other shutters. Zeiss also made Compur shutters.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    As hopeful as I was about finishing this job, a small spring went missing this afternoon. I now understand the timing mechanism and most of the rest of the leaf shutter. I'll most likely send it in now, since spares are non existent.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin