Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,159   Online: 778

Thread: Albums

Shooter
    Multi Format

Albums

Hi All,

I am searching for a source of MF photo albums for square prints, most likely staying in the 5x5 range.

Please let me know if you have suggestions - thank you!

Rich

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you have any in your area, try the discount store, KOHLS!

http://www.kohls.com/?pfx=pfx_google...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What country are you in?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks [COLOR=#3e3e3e]aRolleiBrujo I will check them out.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#3e3e3e]Polyglot, I am in the states (Connecticut). I have only started shooting 6x6 last fall and have not sorted out my printing process yet. I lost my makeshift darkroom due to home renovations for a while and have to scan for the interim. Not all pics of course will be 10x10 prints and worthy of a wall in the house but I would like to create albums like all my 4x6 prints from when I shot 35mm. I have a great shop down the street who still does a lot of film work and can print my scans to size. From there I just need to put them into an album. I am under the impression that I can find one that fits 5x5 or 6x6 prints of the shelf (like you would by for 4x6 prints), or maybe I have to just get an album / portfolio books with pages that are multi-purpose?

thanks - Rich.[/COLOR]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you're doing it via scanning, I would suspect that an online digital printing service like blurb would be your best bet. That way, you get a nicely-bound book, whatever size you want. Print quality isn't as good as RA4 (these are the snapshots so who cares) but it's much easier and cheaper than making a bunch of cut-sheet prints and sticking/binding them into an album.

You could also look at something like Profolio (a bunch of polyethylene sleeves in a binder) but I don't think they come in square. Maybe if you had a serious guillotine you could cut one down to squareish.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Michaels and ACMoore have square format ones in the scrapbooking section most of the time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for the info!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin