Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,809   Posts: 1,581,531   Online: 942

Shooter
    Medium Format

ZEISS 3x12 monocular magnifier

Im having hardtime focusing with the waistlevel finder on my Hasselblad 503cw. I have the acutte matte D split screen, its good but difficult to see focus even with the loupe thing. (is there a more powerful loupe available?)
    I was thinking of buying a ZEISS 3x12 monocular magnifier, just to double check the focus
    Have anyone tried something like this?
    I have shot many rolls of 120 and I still have not seen any tack sharp image yet, oh maybe one, but that was by accident

Thank you for any help.

Regards
    Film lover

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    I think you should try to get a exchangeable magnifying lens for your viewfinder which is adapted to your eyes. An optometrist can help you to find the correct focal length. Any 50 mm standard lens of a 35 mm SLR is one of the best loupes you can get. I'm sure you have one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a Hasselblad chimney finder with diopter adjustable eyepiece. This may be helpful to you.
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you guys.
    What about diopters, right now I have the standard diopter in my 503cw WLF, is there any more powerful magnification diopter? where can I look after these? I have tried ebay but no luck :/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin