Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,449   Online: 931

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Images
    Can we get this moved to the hybrid section?

How about a MF camera an enlarger and chemicals. If you don't want to do the chemicals yourself have a traditional lab enlarge yourstuff for you. In the long run you will save money to buy new film instead of wasting it on upgrading your digital stuff every few years.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Can we get this moved to the hybrid section?

How about a MF camera an enlarger and chemicals. If you don't want to do the chemicals yourself have a traditional lab enlarge yourstuff for you. In the long run you will save money to buy new film instead of wasting it on upgrading your digital stuff every few years.
    Mark, what about it, makes you think it should be moved to the hybrid section, nobody is talking about digital negs or anything of that nature?

Just curious?

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Mamiya 6MF is 6x6 not 6x4.5.

Images
    Inkjet printers. Scanners to use with the inkjet printers and "archival inks". If it should go somewhere on the site then maybe there. Other wise not on the site at all.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Inkjet printers. Scanners to use with the inkjet printers and "archival inks". If it should go somewhere on the site then maybe there. Other wise not on the site at all.
    I don't agree,

we all use scanners to display out work on the internet, and it is a known fact that many use inkjet printers to output..

I of course advocate a full wet darkroom setup, that is why I am putting together a complete new 12' x 18' Lab, but come on!

Somebody asked a legitimate question about Medium Format Cameras and how to attain the best from them....

Sometimes, I think we get a little to far off to one side, he said he shot a digital, but did not even ask one question about it, he was asking about Medium Format Film and Medium Format Film Cameras!

Just my .02....I don't think we should run someone off for that..

Dave

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I agree!
    John Harvey
    Colorado Springs, CO
    harveyje@usa.net

Mark is right, 3/4s of the question relate to computer equipment necessary to set up a "digital darkroom". the one question about film seems to "which scans better, Velvia or Provia?" Not at all what APUG is about.
    Most of the answers have been civil and even helpful, which is what I would expect, and hope for, but the question doesn't really belong on APUG. Try photo.net. APUG is for analogue photography and methods.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No more comments....

Please feel free to send me a private message if you require help, I will be happy to help you out if you wish, and I do happen to be one of the larger Analog photography Manufactures in the world and supply a great amount of information as well as products for the analog world, but understand your questions and also what your trying to accomplish.

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

Shooter
    35mm
    If I put my questions about medium format in the wrong area, I apologize. All that I am trying to do is improve the quality of my landscape photographs by using medium format film cameras instead of 35mm & dslr cameras. I would love to have a home darkroom, but that is not possible in my house. I can only try to print my own images using the current digital technology. Maybe, I would be better off having a professional lab process & print my images (who would you recommend?). I would rather do my own prints, but would consider using outside prefessional services.

Again, if my question does not belong on this website, I apologize.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rrobinson54
    If I put my questions about medium format in the wrong area, I apologize. All that I am trying to do is improve the quality of my landscape photographs by using medium format film cameras instead of 35mm & dslr cameras. I would love to have a home darkroom, but that is not possible in my house. I can only try to print my own images using the current digital technology. Maybe, I would be better off having a professional lab process & print my images (who would you recommend?). I would rather do my own prints, but would consider using outside prefessional services.

Again, if my question does not belong on this website, I apologize.
    Our custom lab, that will cater to analog photographers and their needs will be complete in the next few weeks, so we will be able to help you out if your so inclined.

Dave

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin