Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,294   Online: 1038

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Finally, I pushed the button, and got GX680.

Well, I was lusting after those beast for awhile, but didnt do anything more than seeing because I have already RZ67 system. But last week adorama gave me a deal that I couldnt pass, even though my back kept telling me: no no no. Now I have a GX680 iii and 80, 135, 210 lenses coming and RZ67 on evilbay.

Shooter
    35mm
    There is a motorized 6X8 back for the RZ cameras. I also have an RZ on its way to me. The GX680 is an interesting camera which did not seem to gain a big following in the U.S. My hand held 6X7 SLR shooting is done mostly with Bronica GS-1s. I also have RB cameras. The GX680 is like a hybrid of a view camera and a medium format camera. I'm sure not too many are used hand held but it does have many interesting features and yours is the last model Fuji made.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got it because of the movements and also the frame, I cant get any good composition to my eyes with 6x7, maybe I am just plainly not fit.
    The motorized 6x8 back is for RB, not RZ.
    Yeah not everyone likes it, that's why its price is a steal now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Awesome! I've always wanted one of those.
    DanQuan.com
    stand in the place where you are

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats on your purchase! It's amazing how cheap those Fuji cameras are now. So very tempting, until you see on in person. Dang but they are HUGE.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Woo, nice one. I was just talking about them in another thread here, almost convinced myself that I want one.
    Is there any chance you can get a photo of the GX and RZ side-by-side for a size comparison? (next to something like a ruler or film-roll for scale?)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The RZ will sure be gone before GX arrival but I will ask my school and make a comparison.
    The price compares to a few years ago is shocking, just like peanut. Mine is 500 usd for all included shipping to Germany.
    Last edited by Kyon Thinh; 10-21-2014 at 06:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Is there any chance you can get a photo of the GX and RZ side-by-side for a size comparison? (next to something like a ruler or film-roll for scale?)
    See https://www.flickr.com/photos/androg...ph/2420782654/ (GX680 and RB67) and https://www.flickr.com/photos/androg...n/photostream/ (GX68 and several other cameras - note that the Pentax in this pic is the 645, not a 35mm!).
    Last edited by andrew.roos; 10-21-2014 at 01:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs" (Ansel Adams)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Untill now I was the happy & content owner of a RZ system but now: "Do I dare Disturb the universe? / In a minute there is time / For decisions and revisions which / a minute will reverse.
    I love this huge brick!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew.roos View Post
    See https://www.flickr.com/photos/androg...ph/2420782654/ (GX680 and RB67) and https://www.flickr.com/photos/androg...n/photostream/ (GX68 and several other cameras - note that the Pentax in this pic is the 645, not a 35mm!).
    That Fuji's a monster - but, per the weights in the photo, only 1kg heavier than the RB!

Sent from Tap-a-talk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin