Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,717   Posts: 1,514,809   Online: 816

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Images
    Here is a plug for the Luna Pro. SUper simple.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Sekonic 358.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    I have a Sekonic 358.

Art.
    Yes, I have one of those as well. Great for the studio and/or my personal work but I'm looking for a simpler model that my son can get along with and that won't be a big deal to loose, break, etc.

The above suggestions for the various Gossen models have been great - thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Minolta Auto-Spot II with a case if you're interested. I've been holding on to it for who knows how long as a backup meter, but I really don't see myself using it. Its of course analog, with the dial in the viewfinder. Gives the same exposures as my new digital spot meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverpixels5
    I have a Minolta Auto-Spot II with a case if you're interested. I've been holding on to it for who knows how long as a backup meter, but I really don't see myself using it. Its of course analog, with the dial in the viewfinder. Gives the same exposures as my new digital spot meter.
    Sounds interesting... I'll PM you about it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I also have a sekonic L358. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me weather the dome should be in or out when I am shooting landscapes with my Bronica.
    Thanks
    Nancy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Giroux
    I also have a sekonic L358. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me weather the dome should be in or out when I am shooting landscapes with my Bronica.
    Thanks
    Nancy
    The Sekonic USA site seems to be down right now (maybe for maintainance?) but I do remember there being a very helpful Q&A forum there. Also, and I'm not trying to be a smart ass here, but have you read your manual?

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nancy,

it´s the same for most lightmeters:

for incident metering the dome should be "in", for spot or reflective readings you remove it.

It depends on your style and your experience - I usually resort to incident metering in most cases.
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    What's a manual? LOL
    I have read it, but not for quite a while. I usually shoot people, so I have the dome out. I'll pick it up and refresh my memory. Thanks!
    Nancy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Digidurst,
    Congrats! The Mamiya C330f is the best of the bunch (IMO). I reckon a Gossen Profisix would suit you admirably. They're not made anymore so I reckon you should be able to get one fairly cheap. They are extremely reliable, durable and easy to use (a bit like your Mamiya). I've been using a profisix for 20 years and it's seen a lot of action. You can buy lots of different attachments to turn it into spotmeter, flashmeter, colour temp. meter etc. It has an incident metering diffuser built-in and if that wasn't enough, the later models incorporate a zone system numeral scale, should you wish to go down that road. Regards, BLIGHTY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin