Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,364   Posts: 1,682,905   Online: 767

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rolleiflex automat with EV coupling problem...

Dear rollei lovers,

I have a Rolleiflex 3.5 M-X E-V type 2 (K4B) ~ 1954
    It has received a CLA and its in perfect working condition...
    The only problem that cannot be fixed is the EV coupling
    between shutter and aperture due to lack of spare such mechanism.
    I don't seem to be able to get the aperture and shutter speed to couple.
    Whether the button is pushed in, or not, the shutter speed and aperture always adjust independently.
    It's no great loss to be without the EV coupling though, BUT I am particularly fond of it.
    I would like to ask you if you have any idea where to find such this little flat brass spring inside the
    mechanism and whether I could obtain it (I live in Paris - France) from somewhere...
    What is your feeling being rollei shooters? Is this EV coupling system really too helpful and necessary?
    In case your rollei has it, how often are u using it?

I am looking forward to hearing from you

Best regards

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use it all the time and, no, you may not have mine.

You should call a few repair shops and see if they have any donor bodies laying around. DAG camera repair in the US specializes in Leica but he's got a huge spare parts stash of many types of cameras, for example. His web site only lists a few. http://www.dagcamera.com/store/c4/Early_Rolleiflex.html

so contact him and ask. Even in France, postage won't be that bad.

ct

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't know the Rolle repair people in Europe, but it should be possible to get this fixed. I even saw a set of Rollei tools and parts for sale recently, and noticed a small pile of just the assembly you need. These parts had the racetrack and inner button that allowed for locking it in or out.

There is a small roller pin, or two of them, inside the mechanism. If it gets lost in reassembly the coupling won't work.

Personally I don't like coupled EV systems, but I know people who do like them. It's all about what works best for you. Best of luck getting it to work as you want.
    Last edited by Dan Daniel; 03-15-2015 at 07:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I hate EV coupling.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    I have the first version of the 3,5 F with EV coupling and I hate it too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Our repair person in New Jersey, USA probably has this part. His web site; http://krimarphoto.com/Services.htm says, "Ask for Krikor at: 201-796-0554 and tell me what you need. We are here to serve you and your Classic Rolleiflex." Could be worth a try to see if he could send it to you? He is a great person, a professional, and has helped me in the past. Best of luck with you repair,
    Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    The best repairer for Rolleiflex in France Gérard Métrot http://www.ateliergms.com/home.html

Le meilleur réparateur Rolleiflex en France Gérard Métrot http://www.ateliergms.com/home.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by APUGuser19 View Post
    I hate EV coupling
    Me too. If I could easily disable it on my Rolleicord, I would (I'm sure I could if I tried).

If I remember correctly, the 127mm Rodenstock lens I have on a Polaroid 110A has a lever to engage/disengage EV coupling. That is a better idea.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do not know how to disable EV coupling in Rolleicord, mine is Rolleicord Va.

But, I have gossen digisix light meter which gives values in EV and sometimes I find this feature rather convenient.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Somebody has to give EV coupling some love... I just happen to love it. But I'm known to be a minority in more ways than this. When I was shooting Rollei I found that it made things go just a tad faster for me. Set to EV13 and spin for the desired speed or aperture without worrying that I'd end up with a different EV. On the "newer" Hassy lenses what I hate is the half-assed implementation where it is uncoupled unless the coupling button is pressed and held.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin