Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,484   Posts: 1,571,279   Online: 944

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another vote for the Metz 45

David.

Images
    Good Morning, John,

One of the typical problems with flash on a TLR is that it often gets mounted above and to the side of the lenses, especially hammerhead-style units. This results in a most unattractive shadow to the side of the subject. Try to use a bracket which will put the flash directly above the lenses, so that the shadow will tend to disappear behind the subject. I had a machine shop do a custom adaptation of an existing bracket so that my Vivitar 285 could be properly positioned. I think that it's possible to purchase some brackets which will accomplish the same purpose with other types of flash units. With a TLR, the flash unit needs to be far enough forward so as not to interfere with the viewing and focusing.

Konical

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for all the replies. The little metal post I referred to on the l-bracket that I have does in fact unscrew (something I hadn't noticed earlier), so mounting the flash will not be a problem. Cheers,
    John

Get the Vivitar 285. It has a nice zoom feature and the variable dial for manual or automatic. It works well with the C330.

The nice thing about the C330 is that it synchs at any speed so you have to think about how much abient (background light you want). The lower the shutter speed, the more the ambient light.
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin