Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,256   Posts: 1,660,480   Online: 852

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Any 6X9 SLRs?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Any 6X9 SLRs?

Right now the only format I have larger than 35mm is my Pentax 645. I love it, but want to go larger. I had a Pentax 6X7 MLU, but wasn't using it and sold it to fund other gear I wanted at the time. Now I miss the 6X7, but may as well go as large as I want. I DON'T want large format. I want something that can be put into a camera bag, set up on a tripod quickly(or used handheld), and allow me to get several shots without having to change film. Also I like eye level finders and don't like waist level. Don't care if it has autofocus or meter. I see there are the Fuji 6X9 RFs, but I prefer an SLR. Any out there?
    Last edited by f/16; 03-18-2015 at 10:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Bill

Pentax's 645, ME Super, Spotmatic II
    Kiev 4,
    Praktica LB,
    Minoltas SRT 102, SRT 202
    Canons A1, TX
    many Nikons-F2 eye level F2AS N90s, F4E, N2000, N6000, N6006, Nikomat FTN, N5005

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I asked a similar question and ended up with several P67s. And it has taken this long to get close to the system I wanted so I am almost ready to start shooting them.
    Last edited by Dan Quan; 03-18-2015 at 11:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    DanQuan.com

"The world is full of sloppy Bohemians and their work betrays them.
    Weston

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Fuji has the 6x8 GX680.

There are 6x9 field view cameras. A Horseman VH-R, for example, has an integrated rangefinder. Maybe these are better called press cameras? Well, they fold down relatively compact.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Plaubel Makiflex is not easy to find, but has an eye level Porrofinder and takes 6x9cm film.
    See my avatar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you were considering rangefinders, the 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 Kodak Medalist cameras give you a negative of essentially the same size - on 620 film.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    2 1/4 x3 1/4 Graflex

Musashino Rittreck/Optika SLR

But you'll be restricted to longer focal lengths with all of these SLRs.

PS: I should add, without custom hacks these two are waist-level viewing/focusing only.
    Last edited by Oren Grad; 03-19-2015 at 12:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 120mm Angulon in barrel on a recessed board that focuses to infinity on my Makiflex. But that is really pushing the limits of the camera design. 125mm would probably be better, but I love the old Schneider lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a 6x8 option for the RB67, but it isn't particularly easy to put everything together for it, and if you also require eye level viewing, I'not entirely sure the viewing system will give you what you want.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What you want is a Fuji GW or GSW 690 with a flapping mirror box. It has not yet been invented, except for the Plaubel Makina Reflex which is an extremely rare item.

The point is that a pentaprism finder for a 6x9 format has never been manufactured until today.
    Don't dream your life - live your dream.
    I'm using FILM because nature isn't made of squares.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The Fuji GX680 is a really big camera, but very versatile, combining movements on the front standard with an SLR design. There was one for sale recently in the classifieds, maybe still available.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin