Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,962   Posts: 1,632,410   Online: 714

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

I got both of my "Holy Grail" cameras in one week.

I've been looking for a nice Mamiya RZ67 with the 110mm 2.8 and a Hasselblad 500C with the Zeiss Planar 80mm 2.8 for several years, as of today I now have both. Thursday I decided to stop by a local camera shop and see what they had that was interesting, I brought along two Canon EOS crop sensor lenses, a 10-18 f4.5-5.6, and a 55-250 f4-5.6 for trading material. Low and behold I'm not in the shop 5 minutes and I spy a very nice RZ with the 110mm 2.8 and one 120 back for $360, after checking it out I managed to trade my lenses even up for it. I took it out yesterday and shot a roll of Acros through it ran home and developed it and everything looks exccellant, score #1. Today I was bored so I went back to have a look see and spied a near mint Hasselblad 500C with an A12 back and Zeiss Planar 80mm 2.8 with no price on it. I had picked up a Canon 60D kit with the 18-135 3.5-5.6 several months ago to see how I'd like going digital, and it just didn't work out for me, so I took it along for trading material today. I looked the Hasselblad over and checked it out and everything seemed A-Ok. Even the commonly whacked self timer works, and it actually sounds healthy. So I brought in my 60D for them to look over, and 10 minutes later I walked out the door after trading it even for the Hasselblad and a pro-pack of Fuji Acros, score #2. I will be taking the Hasselblad out to test it tomorrow. Now that I've gotten both of my grail cameras in 1 week and both are in excellant shape I'm thinking that maybe I should be out buying a lottery ticket. I checked the codes a little bit ago the 'Blad body was made in 1968, the lens is from July of 1969, and the back from 1987.
    Hasselblad 500C, Carl Zeiss Planar 80mm F=2.8C

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well done.
    I do chuckle at your trades because I did something similar with my digital SLR gear a while ago.
    A year or two from now that 60D will be a doorstop while the Mamiya and 'blad will still be worth something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations. You've got two of the best. Given regular exercise, they should last a long time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hate when people ask me what I see myself doing in 5 years...... I don't have 2020 vision!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428813802.577263.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	107005

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have those two cameras, well done, you are going to love using them. Different beasts, but both of them are wonderful. Well done.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Congrats! I've had my Hasselblad 500C/M for about two months now and find it utterly intoxicating to shoot. It's a lovely rabbit hole to fall down into...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    My Canon 5D MKII sits in its bag a lot these days. I've thought of trading it for a Leica M6...unfortunately, I do
    need to shoot digital now and then for color. It's become a boat anchor for me. Glad you're happy with your
    acquisitions and trade...have fun!
    Common Sense is not so common.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Test roll from the Hasselblad came out excellent, no light leaks, focus is dead on, shutter speeds are great. I've always heard that theres a certain undescribable look to the photos taken with a Zeiss lens, and I've gotta say that that is definitely true.
    Hasselblad 500C, Carl Zeiss Planar 80mm F=2.8C

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle M. View Post
    I've always heard that theres a certain undescribable look to the photos taken with a Zeiss lens, and I've gotta say that that is definitely true.
    It is true, many zeiss lenses have a distinct saturated colors look to it. It was the same with my Contax and the Zeiss lenses i had for it. However you will soon discover that some of the Mamiya lenses also have a Zeiss like quality to them, that includes the lovely 110mm you have. Of course both lenses will benefit from a compendium.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin