Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,643   Posts: 1,668,490   Online: 767

Shooter
    35mm RF

Mamiya C220 film advance know stuck/counter doesn't advance

Hi there,

Hope someone here can help. I just bought a Mamiya c220 from ebay and unfortunately after loading successfully a roll of film and taking the first picture, I am unable to advance the film using the knob. The counter is stuck at "1" and if I give it some more force the knob turns but counter is still stuck. Also I am able to cock the shutter (it's a 80mm f2.8 sekor - not blue dot) and press the shutter release button while it is in "single" mode.

Is it something I can fix on my own? I saw the repair manual pdf - although it doesn't explain too well what to do exactly. I wonder if it fixable easily by a non expert like me or is it a deeper problem and I better return the camera back to seller.

Any advice would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

p.s., the camera looks great and seller is in Japan so I would prefer to save myself the hassle of sending it back and buying another one.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The back door snapped shut all the way?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suggest you ask the seller to agree to you having the counter repaired by a professional and that he pays for it, otherwise I would send the camera back.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Turn the knob to multi and see what happens...
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin