Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,626   Posts: 1,647,918   Online: 1186

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

More Images from the remarkable Mamiya C3

It's become so enjoyable. The camera and lens produces some of the most flattering macro images I have made to date . It's simply a garden study of an aquelegia over a few weeks, all from the same plant. Some flowers appear redder / more magenta and this changes as time shifts... The camera angle is difficult to handle at times as it is constantly leaning forwards onto the subject. One gripe is the position of the cable release connection, on the top of the camera, which means its all to easy to 'cosh' these delicate plants, so I have to be careful.

All shot on a Mamiya C3, 65mm f3.5 chrome lens at f3.5, Fuji Pro 400H anywhere between a 1/2 and 2 secs (due to full bellows extension) in early evening. Scanner is an Epson v850 using the Epson Scan software - I am finding it very capable and although I have tried Vuescan and Silverfast, I just can't get quality colours and contrast.

Now these flowers have starting to fade, I have shot some new material today, moving on to some new flowers, different lens, different camera, different film, which I will process shorty.

Hope you like them

David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flower_aquilegia_vulgaris_06.jpg   flower_aquilegia_vulgaris_04.jpg   flower_aquilegia_vulgaris_03.jpg  
    Last edited by DavidClapp; 05-16-2015 at 07:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like all 3 photos but #2 is my favorite. I have always used b&w in medium format. But just bought a box of the Fuji Pro 400H, just hope I can get similar results.

David
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Spectacular images! I would be happy to have those up on my wall.

I don't think I could've framed those macro shots with a TLR - so good work!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nice shots indeed

But I'm curious as to who shorty is.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by marton View Post
    Nice shots indeed

But I'm curious as to who shorty is.
    Haha, I have been round and round this and I cannot edit or delete my own posts. Last night there was an Edit feature and now its gone. What do I do to edit in the future?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo Sulphate View Post
    Spectacular images! I would be happy to have those up on my wall.

I don't think I could've framed those macro shots with a TLR - so good work!
    Yes that was the idea with the project, to make some imagery for my walls as I don't think landscapes works so well. I am glad you like them. Its not the easiest of things to do with a TLR, you need a paramender for parallax correction.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by one90guy View Post
    I like all 3 photos but #2 is my favorite. I have always used b&w in medium format. But just bought a box of the Fuji Pro 400H, just hope I can get similar results.

David
    I am surprised - as a colourful negative film, it's really easy to scan and process. Greens seem very 'Fuji' and the grain is very smooth and flattering. I would definitely buy it again. Not too saturated, not too warm, just a good balance.

Last night I continued the theme by shooting some different flowers using Portra 400, so it will be interesting to see what the differences are.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidClapp View Post
    Haha, I have been round and round this and I cannot edit or delete my own posts. Last night there was an Edit feature and now its gone. What do I do to edit in the future?
    When you first make a post, there is a short time window when edits are possible. Affer that time expires, only a moderator can make changes.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fantastic stuff! Never owned one of these as I am a Rolleiflex guy but these are really nice.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The best brick on the market!

Love em all.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin