Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,941   Posts: 1,557,552   Online: 1165

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Seele
    By the way it sounds, the "Meopta" you're referring to is a Opemus; Meopta does make a 6X9 model called Magnifax, but it is much rarer.
    The enlarger I'm refering to is in my second post, the camera I'm refering to is in my first post

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm the one who referred to Meopta, the second post correctly referred to it a Opemus 5a!

What lens is in the shutter on your camera? There are several possibilities, and they are all capable except the Tessar which is outstanding
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats on the new "baby", Tony!! Looking forward to seeing some prints from it!! (Can't you ream out the hole to make it bigger???) hahaha!!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    I'm the one who referred to Meopta, the second post correctly referred to it a Opemus 5a!

What lens is in the shutter on your camera? There are several possibilities, and they are all capable except the Tessar which is outstanding
    Durrr ... now I'm getting even more confused LOL

But back to the main subject, alas not lucky enough to have the Tessar. It has a f3.5 105mm Nettar fitted. I tried it with a roll of HP5+ and looks sharp enough for my first outting into MF. I have a few rolls of old Tri-X in the cooler ready and waiting for the next outting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Congrats on the new "baby", Tony!! Looking forward to seeing some prints from it!! (Can't you ream out the hole to make it bigger???) hahaha!!
    Thanks Jeanette ... alas the colum would collapse if I make the hole any bigger LOL There again it's the same ratio as 35mm and as I rarely use the whole neg for printing I could print the 6x9's as 6x6 negs for enlargements.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jdef
    I think that 6x9 contact prints can look great. I make them sometimes, and my son contact prints exclusively. Making 6x9 contact prints can really stretch a box of Azo.

Jay
    Jay they do say small is beautiful and as it happens I rescued some prints 3"x5.5" today from the local market (shot in I think 1944) which proves the point.

Also the chance to play ... errrm work with Azo is very tempting

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi
    I've just installed a wall mounted Devere 504 and this has given me two redundent enlargers both which can cover 6x9 format. one is an meopta Magnifax with both colour and B&W condenser head neg masks covering 35mm,6x6 and glass which you can then adjust the blades inthe neg carrier. It has a new transformer, two lens mounting plates, fine focus knob and extension and is in excellent condition.
    The other is autofocus Leitz Focomat IIc. This cost me an arm and a leg ten years ago but has been my main enlarger for that time. The neg carrier is superb, its a shame others have not followed this example, anyway this enlarger is purly B&W has a glass neg carrier that has several masks some of which I have made myself for the oversize printing. I also have two other neg carriers one is a fixed 35mm the other is aglassless 6x7 I think. Anyway if you are interested then PM.
    Regards
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A vintage folder to play with...I'm SOOOOO jealous!!!!!

Please, print soon and post quickly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I feel your fear of the slippery slope: I just bought a used SoHo cadet, which is basically a 6x9 Grandma-era point & shoot: 4 apertures, shutter 1/20s or T. If I could manage to understand the APUG forum, I'll post a picture, but otherwise one can google it. It's a beautiful object, all made of bakelite, and has that weird look that has become since associated with steampunk fiction... Those babies are so simple, yet use better film than traditional instamatics, that you want them to be the Holy Grail of easy/good quality photo...

Shooter
    Pinhole

Speaking of enlargers for MF

Can process lenses be used for enlarger lenses, and if so, within what limits?

I have a 150 mm f/9 that's a little long but I figure will work for 6x9 negs.

Thanks

Murray
    Murray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin