Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,472   Online: 1127

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

The addiction begins

Well it's finally happend and over the easter weekend I found a near mint Ziess-Ikon Compure Rapid (6x9) folder, built in 1937. First test roll which I tried on a street shoot as soon as I got out of the store shows once I get used to it I'm going to have a lot of fun. Got some very interested looks walking around the local market shooting with this baby.

Now all I have to do is sell off my Nikon F100 and buy another enlarger as mine will only take 6x6 negs ... Oh and tell my wife I'm going to need even more kit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    nd buy another enlarger as mine will only take 6x6 negs ... Oh and tell my wife I'm going to need even more kit
    What enlarger do you have? The "hole" will only cover 6x6? Maybe you can find a person with a 90 or 100mm lens to borrow and make a carrier out of cardboard and just see if you get coverage before telling your social worker (aka, boss of the house).

Images
    Don't forget to ask for a more comfortable couch because you won't sell off the F100 it has it's place, and you will be bunking on that couch at times. I speak from experience.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Eric, I have a Meopta Opemus 5a with colour head. Also Ian Grant kindly let me have a stunning 105mm lens a few months back as I guessed one day I'd move up to MF, but I didn't expect to go larger than 6x6 LOL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I could be tempted as I'm thinking of going more manual again with the 35mm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Hi Eric, I have a Meopta Opemus 5a with colour head. Also Ian Grant kindly let me have a stunning 105mm lens a few months back as I guessed one day I'd move up to MF, but I didn't expect to go larger than 6x6 LOL
    Ohhh, Meopta. I don't know nothing about those. But the 105 will easily cover 6x9. I have a 100mm Ektar that covers 6x9 (Agfa Clack baby!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eric
    Ohhh, Meopta. I don't know nothing about those. But the 105 will easily cover 6x9. I have a 100mm Ektar that covers 6x9 (Agfa Clack baby!)
    Just had a quick look and the beastie only has a 6x6 "hole" so here comes the fun of shopping for more kit

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Meopta only goes to 6x6 - you're right about that. But you could always make contact prints, 6x9 is one of the "traditional sizes". Well - 6.5x9 is more traditional, but nevermind...

BTW, "Compur Rapid" is the name of the shutter, not the camera.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

By the way it sounds, the "Meopta" you're referring to is a Opemus; Meopta does make a 6X9 model called Magnifax, but it is much rarer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    The Meopta only goes to 6x6 - you're right about that. But you could always make contact prints, 6x9 is one of the "traditional sizes". Well - 6.5x9 is more traditional, but nevermind...

BTW, "Compur Rapid" is the name of the shutter, not the camera.
    Yes I was thinking about contact prints for a while, well at least until I get another enlarger

Good point about the lens name, but it was very late over here in the UK LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin