Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,600   Online: 740

Shooter
    35mm

Best source for quality printing of slide film?

After a couple years of trying to like digital, I have gone back to shooting film. I use a Pentax 645N with 120mm macro, 45-85mm & 80-160mm lenses. So far, all I have used with the camera has been Fuji Provia 100 and have been really happy with the slide results. Now, I am trying to locate a quality lab to print some of my Provia slides. I do not have my own darkroom and do not have any plans to add one right now. I do not own a medium format film scanner yet, so cannot go the digital processing method.

Who are some of the better slide printing services? I live in Binghamton, NY (3 hours west of NYC, 1 hour south of Syracuse). Thank you for your opinions.

Shooter
    Large Format
    West Coast Imaging

Quote Originally Posted by rrobinson54
    After a couple years of trying to like digital, I have gone back to shooting film. I use a Pentax 645N with 120mm macro, 45-85mm & 80-160mm lenses. So far, all I have used with the camera has been Fuji Provia 100 and have been really happy with the slide results. Now, I am trying to locate a quality lab to print some of my Provia slides. I do not have my own darkroom and do not have any plans to add one right now. I do not own a medium format film scanner yet, so cannot go the digital processing method.

Who are some of the better slide printing services? I live in Binghamton, NY (3 hours west of NYC, 1 hour south of Syracuse). Thank you for your opinions.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller
    West Coast Imaging
    Ditto.... They do all my work. But, they are not cheap.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might also try The Slideprinter (slideprinter.com) in colorado. They've done much of my slide printing in the last year and I've been very pleased with the work and the price.

Steven
    "A friend will bail you out of jail.
    A TRUE friend will be beside you saying 'Damn! That was fun!'"

"There's more than one way to skin a cat.
    With the new Pocket Peeler(TM) from ButchCo Industries, there's 75!"

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sbuczkowski
    You might also try The Slideprinter (slideprinter.com) in colorado. They've done much of my slide printing in the last year and I've been very pleased with the work and the price.

Steven
    I've used The Slideprinter in Denver since 1995 and have nothing but praise for them also. They are less pricey than WCI. A bit more Mom & Pop although I know they're struggling trying to amortize expensive light jet 5000 technology.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Datchet, Berkshire UK- about 20 miles west of London
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I find it worthwhile to send transparencies from UK to West Coast Imaging.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin