Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,585   Posts: 1,545,806   Online: 1129

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Busch Pressman C. It is like NEW, I was surprised when I bought it that it was so clean and unabused. The lens is also like new. It's as though I went to the Camera Shop and purchased it this week. It's complete with all of the accessories and the Kalart range finder works and is dead on.

I just like the camera because it is light, self contained, and has a negative size that is large enough to be useful. I got a dozen new film holders also. I can shoot a couple of films and develop them together or separately. I have a bunch of cameras but this one is fun to use.

Curt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I love 2x3 sheet film - using a Busch Pressman, or a Rilex, I actually find cut film quicker in the field than mounting rollfilm holders on a baby graphic. The JandC emulsion is very nice, and develops beautifully with my Rodinal "stash" :-) I am also prone to "proofing" everything on a flatbed scanner so I can stare at things whilst at work, and the thicker base of the negs is problem-free there.. I've collected an unreasonable number of film holders, and with good "accounting" you can get a lot of flexibility with different lighting situations whilst out and about...

Marc!

Shooter
    4x5 Format

2x3 film back

hey everybody... i'm trying to get a grflok film back for my 4x5 so that I can shoot 2-1/4 x 3-1/4 sheet film with it... any ideas?

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    One thing you could do, is to use a plate holder adapter, and a plate holder with 2 1/4 x 3 1/4" format reducing insert - and a film adapter in that again. Complicated, but it works (I've got one somewhere).
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Where does one get one of those? thanks!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jepaul20
    Where does one get one of those? thanks!
    Uh - I don't know. I have the only Linhof plate holder adapter I've ever heard of - I picked it up along with lots of other stuff on ebay.de. The nice thing about it is that it lets me use Slavich 9x12cm plates on a "modern" camera - those plates are about 0.2mm too thick for the Linhof Universal film&plate holders. But they work great in the old metal plate holders.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, but not much. I have a Century Graphic and a baby Speed that both take 2X3 sheet film (The Century has a Graflok back and a roll film back, but the Speed is strictly sheet.) I often take the Century along as a black and white camera while using my Fuji rangefinders for color. It doesn't get a lot of use, but its use is significant. I have been using EFKE 100 film, which I think is OK but not super. I have sometimes used the (very limited) movements on these cameras, and I occassionally use plus or minus development of individual sheets. These are nice options to have. I feel I have a real need for 2X3 sheet film, but my usage won't do much to keep demand up and manufacturers producing. I've been thinking of cutting down some 4X5 color and trying it, but I haven't done anything yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I use a 2x3 and will again when JandC gets Adox 25 and 50 back in. I like the high resolution film in the 2x3 sheet size.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin